Carols in the Square
See larger image
- How is Calderdale performing? - 12th Dec
- Bye-election results in Calder Valley ward - Friday, 6th Dec
- Primary School Results for our area, Thurs 5th Dec
- See Little Theatre page for 2003 season - 1st Dec
- See events for more info on an "Evening for Palestine" and the meeting on broadband - 30 Nov
- Organic House wins award - 15th Nov
- HB men in Palestine to show support and solidarity: latest - 7th Nov.
- New Delight Saved! - 5th Nov
- Council branded eco-vandals in land selloff - 1st Nov
- HB Peace Vigil - 1st Nov
- Latest Mytholmroyd news - 31st Oct
- Lindsay Rimer murder - in the news again - 23rd October
- Traffic Review: Summary of feedback
More News from Hebden Bridge about New Delight closure, Reaps Cross re-erection, Street Choirs festival, elections, schools, pub closures, parking, floods, Duck Race, Pace Egg play, yellow buses, library, asbestos tip, snow and other local issues.
Topics on the Discussion Forum include the closing of the New Delight,
traffic consultation, quality of life in HB, trains, tree-felling, traffic problems, war and peace, and the status of Mytholmroyd
|Campaign for Digital Access|
Hebweb campaign for Digital Access: no ADSL in Hebden or Mytholmroyd according BT. According to the BT barometer 174 local people/businesses have registered an interest for broadband.
19 Dec: BT finally replies to the Hebden Bridge Web and instigates a review of HB's (non) "trigger level" - more info
|MILLTOWN MEMORIES 2|
Issue 2 now out. The Upper Valley captured on camera: Milltown Memories is a new glossy magazine devoted to the Upper Calder Valley, featuring photos from the Alice Longstaff Collection. Browse through the website to enjoy a flavour the magazine. Milltown Memories 2 is on sale now price £2.50 from local shops or you can buy a copy online. (5th Dec)
|POEMS BY GLYN HUGHES|
The Hebden Bridge Web is very pleased to announce the online publication of 3 new poems by award-winning local writer, Glyn Hughes, together with revisions of two of his existing poems (19th November). To read the poems by Glyn Hughes and other features about our area, go to our Features Section |
|TAKE IT TO THE BRIDGE|
"Take it to the Bridge" is a piece written for The Leeds Guide. "Tantamount to Soddom and Gomorrah (Sir Bernard Ingham), The Hampstead of the North, or just another tourist trap?" Hazel Davis investigates Hebden Bridge.
|THE LEGACY OF ACRE MILL|
The transport of thousands of lorryloads of earth and rubble through Hebden Bridge to top the asbestos tip in Pecket Well has been postponed to February. We have produced a feature to recount the story and history of this tragedy - Asbestos: the Legacy of Acre Mill