About the Festival
An annual highlight for the Calder Valley, Hebden Bridge Arts Festival brings the best national and international artists and performers to the area each summer for a celebration of comedy, music, dance, drama, literature and visual arts.
Our aims are as follows:
- To put on an annual festival involving a broad spectrum of art forms, programming diverse local, national and international artists.
- To present work which people living in Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley might not otherwise have the opportunity to see.
- To support the social and economic development of the district and contribute to its image and profile.
- To increase engagement in the Festival from the local community.
- To ensure the sustainability and security of the Festival.
The Festival Shop on Albert Street is home to our box office and gallery. During the Festival it is a place where you can buy tickets, see art, or simply pop in and catch up on the latest festival news. Throughout the rest of the year, it is available as an exhibition space for use by local artists. Please contact us if you’d like more information.
Finally, we’d love to hear from you if you’d like to get involved. Hebden Bridge Arts Festival is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. Volunteers play a vital role in the organisationl and new faces are always welcome. If you’d like to help, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org