Ryburne

Small ads

Huddersfield Green Festival

From Chris H

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Hi Everyone.

My name is Chris and I am part of a team organising Huddersfield Green Fest 2011. The event is scheduled for March 29th-31st 2011 and will take place on the University of Huddersfield campus. The event will have a range of activities including a Fair Trade and farmers market, canal clean-up, a day-long educational conference (possibly with a political debate) and a fantastic recycled fashion show amongst other things.

Having visited Hebden Bridge and the surrounding area numerous times since I was a child I am aware of the commitment to and focus on sustainability and ethical operations from the local community.

I would really appreciate any advice or pointers from anyone that has any to give in regards to our event. My colleague and I organised Green Day 2010 in just 8 weeks as part of our events management module at the university and we have returned for further study and to get the chance to put a lot more time into a repeat event, but on a bigger and better scale. Our website has more details about what we hope to achieve and, as mentioned, I would really appreciate any advice anyone might be able to give.

Kind Regards

Chris

From Jason Elliott

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

As the Hebden Bridge Big Green Weekend won't be running in 2011, at least not in previous formats, I have loads of information and advice I can pass your way.

I'll drop you an email with more details.