Ryburne

Small ads

Co-op Hebden Bridge

From John Sweeney

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

For the first time in my life I was in hebden Bridge 2 weeks ago as my wife and I together with my brother and his wife had rented a cottage in the Todmorden area. The only tin-opener in the cottage broke and we popped into Hebden Bridge Co-op to try to get a cheap repalcement. We couldn't find one so I asked the staff. They couldn't have been more helpful and one young man in particular scoured the storeroom until he found one for us. I was most impressed with their friendliness and eagerness to help.

From Ron Taylor

Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Well done, Co-op. I may well shop there more often because of this anecdote and the fact that the Co-op nationally has decided, not before time, to boycott goods produced in illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank of Palestine and those companies which support this trade.

From Susan Quick

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Yes, I agree. On the odd occasion I've left something behind, either someone comes running after me. Or they keep it until I next go in and I get a message that they've got something of mine. Once it was my credit card!

From Jack Hughes

Monday, 7 May 2012

I've always though that the shopfloor staff do a remarkable job in rather difficult circumstances. Hopefully once the current re-fit is finished, the instore radio's mantra of 'good with food (subject to availabilty)' may cause less rueful mirth.