Ryburne

Small ads

Minibus services, Hebden

From Neale Wallace

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Just a quick note that as of last week passenger numbers on the minibus network have now grown by 25% since the first week.

From Jenny B

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Good to hear. I use them much more now. They are reliable, clean and fares are good value. Well done TLC

From Julie C

Wednesday, 2 April 2014

The buses that exist are great, but still no route up Keighley Road to Old Town, no convenient stop in Hebden. I know this is down to Metro not TLC, but it means I'm still trekking about the place hauling my shopping.

From John Smithson

Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Expressing performance in terms of percentages is meaningless, what counts are the raw numbers. I've yet to see more than 4 people at a time on one of these busses. A 25% increase is one extra person, hardly an outstanding success. Could the raw data on which the claimed percentage rise are based be released? We'd have a better understanding as to the viability of this service if this were done.

From Dave R

Wednesday, 2 April 2014

I don't know which route John is travelling on, but in my experience the buses are well used particularly by commuters.

Waiting at the railway station yesterday around 5.00pm, there were good queues for both the Crag Vale and Old Town routes.

Whilst I have occasionally been a lone passenger for part of the journey it is rare to complete a journey alone. At other times when I have been on there has been standing room only.

My daughter uses the Old Town route daily and agrees that there are quiet times during the day, but overall the numbers are well up on previous passengers.

From Barnaby Crowley

Monday, 7 April 2014

Metro's Education Transport section is currently consulting on some changes to the HB1, HB2 and HB3 yellow school minibuses in the Hebden Bridge area.

We are looking at ways in which we can improve reliability and increase capacity on certain parts of these popular school bus routes.

Before making any changes we would like to give schools and parents the opportunity to provide feedback on the proposals.

Please use this link below to find details of the proposals and suggested timetables for the new routes:

If you would like to provide feedback, please send an e-mail.

Alternatively you can write to us at:
Hebden Bridge School Bus Service Review
Education Transport
Metro
Wellington House
40-50 Wellington Street
Leeds
LS1 2DE

As outlined in the documents, this is still only a proposal. Metro will be in touch with schools and respondents again if the bus services are to change. Please provide any feedback by Friday 2nd May 2014 to ensure we can consider responses in good time.