Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Postal collections

From Paul Rigg

Friday, 1 April 2016

A notice has now appeared in Hebden Bridge sorting office stating that the last collection will now be at 5pm. A later collection will be at Gaol Lane Halifax at 6.30pm

I can't believe that they expect anybody to travel a sixteen mile round trip to post letters. A lot of businesses in the town (like mine) rely on being able to post their mail at the end of the working day for a next day delivery.

I think we should point out that Hebden Bridge is not a backwater and that we do need a later mail delivery.

From Nina Smith

Monday, 4 April 2016

An inevitable result of privatisation?

Putting the profits of shareholders (I'm one) before community need. One more turn of the screw re our rapidly diminishing quality public services.

From Roberta V

Sunday, 15 May 2016

I totally agree with Paul and Nina and it isn't helped by the fact that online they still state last collection being at 6.30pm not 5pm.

Hebden Bridge Collection Times

From David Mack

Monday, 16 May 2016

The early collection may be a problem for some people, but you can hardly hold the Royal Mail responsible for misinformation provided on an independent website that looks to be little more than a vehicle for commercial advertising. The page linked to is covered with warnings that the information it gives may be inaccurate. The small print points out that the information has not been updated since July 2011.

From Roberta V

Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Fair point David Mack. I'm guilty of not reading that site properly and I apologise to Royal Mail. My only excuse being that I was rushing to try to catch the post. I've altered some of the times on that website now but not all as I don't know the collection times for the other collection boxes. Time of writing last comment I was still miffed that they wouldn't take my letter when I got there 2 minutes too late but luckily it got to the destination in time anyway.