Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Wheelie bins

From Janet Balmforth

Friday, 10 March 2017

Anyone else having problems with their wheelie bin collection? Ours should have been emptied on Thursday 2nd March but missed out even though the bin was in the correct place in time. Three phone calls to Calderdale Council, three promises of a collection, one for Friday last week and then last Monday and then yesterday - of course, nothings happened. Mind you, a bin wagon went on our access road this morning - not much use though as it didn't stop. How much refund should I claim from the council - they take your council tax but don't provide the advertised service.

From Chris Barnett

Friday, 10 March 2017

Are you sure the collection day hasn't changed? Our collection day recently changed from Thursday to Tuesday. Calderdale sent us a revised list of dates, and the new collection has (so far) worked.

From Ruth F

Sunday, 12 March 2017

Make sure you put in a formal complaint with the council. I had a bag of rubbish that wasn't collected one week despite several other bags from four households were collected from the same spot. I called the council three times, each time was promised collection within two working days, the third time I was told the person I was speaking to spoke to a supervisor who would definitely sort it, but in the end the bag wasn't taken until the next normal fortnightly collection.

When I formally complained the council said they need people to keep making formal complaints as a lot is going wrong with the rubbish collections, and they can only take action if enough of the incidents are followed up with a complaint.

Disappointingly, the response to my complaint suggested I might have done something wrong, which I hadn't, but it also acknowledged the poor service and the failure of the supervisor.

Previously

Recycling - August-October 2016