Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Ghosts

From Susan Quick

Monday, 24 June 2019

Does anyone have a ghost?  I thought it was a mouse that ate my  fruit and threw things on the floor.  But last night my attic skylight was wide open and my bed sheets on the floor below were wet,  When I accused a friend of leaving the skylight open he reminded me he hadn't been to my house for 4 days and it had been pouring with rain for days.  Plus the attic floor was dry and so was the ceiling so how did water get through my skylight and soak my bed on the floor below. Help!

I did once see a ghost in Stratford-on-Avon; my husband saw him too.  We were the first people to sleep in his daughter's spare bed since him and his ashes were in the garden.

But I've lived in this house for 25 years and no-one's ever come before.  If it's s ghost it's a noisy one.

From Timothy Claypole

Monday, 24 June 2019

The number of instances where the existence of ghosts is the most likely reason for some event is the same as the number of ghosts that exist.

From Andy M

Wednesday, 26 June 2019

Really Timothy  - you don't believe in ghosts with Claypole as a surname? ;-)  But seriously why would a supernatural being want to make someones bed wet? 

If you can't think of an explanation it doesn't make any sense to then ascribe it to the fantastical. 

From Gideon Foster

Wednesday, 26 June 2019

There are many more things that cannot be explained than those that can be explained with logic, and far more exists that we can only sense and not see.

From Andy M

Wednesday, 26 June 2019

Using that premise you can believe anything! 

From Gideon Foster

Thursday, 27 June 2019

I like to cover all bases! But also aware that it's only a belief. Anyhow, I'm off to walk on the Moon.

From Chris Reason

Saturday, 29 June 2019

My girlfriend and I were walking along the coastal footpath between St Bees and Whitehaven back in June 1977. We were passing an old disused mine, the seams of which clearly rant out under the sea.

All at once a miner appeared, wearing helmet and safety lamp. He crossed our path about ten yards in front of us before lowering himself off the edge of the cliff.  When we got to the spot and looked down he was nowhere to be seen. In fact the drop was so steep and precipitous that no one could conceivably have climbed down from there.

We split up three years later, but many years later we met up and recalled the moment.  Our stories matched perfectly. It's always puzzled me. 'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...'

From Andy M

Thursday, 4 July 2019

So not a caver going to explore one of the various sea caves in the area?