Arts Festival to move to the Town Hall
Thursday, 4 October 2012
After almost a decade in residence in their Albert Street shop, Hebden Bridge Arts Festival is moving to the Town Hall from November 1st.
Festival Director, Helen Meller told the HebWeb, ‘When Sarah Lister Blow approached us about a year ago with the idea of the festival relocating to the Town Hall, we were very intrigued and asked if we could start by holding some festival events there. With perfect timing, as festival time arrived, the building was nearing completion and we were fortunate to be among the very first people to road test the spaces with dance and music events and the future potential became self evident.
‘The idea of combining admin, performance and exhibition space was unmissable. The Town Hall’s a place which can make things happen and one which is rooted right at the heart of our creative and commercial communities. It’s really exciting to be a part of it.’
Amy Leader, Business Development Officer for Hebden Bridge Community Association, told us: “Having the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival move their office offers many benefits to, the festival, The Town Hall, the businesses based here and the community at large.
“By joining forces we find ourselves in a strong position to make creative and technological collaborations and help develop the festival in ways that will surprise us all.”
Gallery space in the reception and café areas will be available for hire through the Arts Festival. For more information on gallery hire or the Arts Festival please contact Festival Director, Helen Meller
- Hebden Bridge Arts Festival seeks new board members (18 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is over (12 July)
- HebWeb News: Carnival weekend in Hebden (3 July)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival and Handmade Parade hit the sunny streets of Hebden (27 June)
- HebWeb News: The girls are back in town! (20 June)
- HebWeb News: Festival Box Office opens Saturday 16th June
- HebWeb News: Dance weekend to kick off Arts festival
- HebWeb News: Festival Programme launched: Matisse and Stewart Lee headline
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Fringe Programme launched
- HebWeb News: Countdown to Arts Festival