Trades Club Entertainment manager Mal Campbell joins Festival team
Friday, 8 March 2013
Trades Club Entertainment manager Mal Campbell has signed up to book
big name acts for Hebden Bridge Arts Festival.
Mal has put the Trades club on the national map with a series of high profile sell out events including the night punk legend Patti Smith played her smallest gig for decades at the club.
As well as his regular Trades duties Mal has joined the Arts Festival board to lend his expertise as Events Producer to the week long event in June.
“This is a great chance for me to break away from mainly bands to book a range of acts in different genres across a nationally respected week long festival,’ said Mal
“I’m really looking forward to the challenge and so far I’ve already booked cult comedian Daniel Kitson which was actually one of the fastest bookings I’ve done. Daniel doesn’t have an agent so I emailed him, he rang me back and the dates worked so half an hour later the deal was done and it sold out in record time. But I’ve got lots of irons in the fire for the festival in all sorts of venues round town.
The festival team were only too pleased to co-opt Mal onto their board.
‘We’d be daft not to want to work with someone who has booked some amazing acts forthe Trades and got them into the finals of NME small venue of the year awards,” says Artistic Director Helen Meller.
“He brings a massive contact book, and it needs someone with Mal’s combination of imagination and hard nosed business sense to make sure we have healthy audiences in June.”
The Trades Club are also keen to see their Ents Manager take on new challenges.
“The club loves working with the Arts Festival and we have some great events over the years so it was a natural fit for Mal to book events for us and other venues,” said Club Secretary Dave Gee.
“Mal has done a fantastic job here pulling in some unbelievable names for us and there’s no doubt he will do the same for the Festival which is good for them, the Trades and the town.”
Previously, on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News:Budding playwrights needed for Hebden Shorts (23 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2013: first act to be announced is comedian Daniel Kitson (18 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Record turnout for Arts Festival open meeting (Nov 2012)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is looking for your memories (7 Nov)
- HebWeb News: New faces at Arts Festival (22 Oct)
- HebWeb News: Festival and Parade team up for 'sensational afternoon' next year (25 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival seeks new board members (18 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is over (12 July)
- HebWeb News: Carnival weekend in Hebden (3 July)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival and Handmade Parade hit the sunny streets of Hebden (27 June)
- HebWeb News: The girls are back in town! (20 June)
- HebWeb News: Festival Box Office opens Saturday 16th June
- HebWeb News: Dance weekend to kick off Arts festival
- HebWeb News: Festival Programme launched: Matisse and Stewart Lee headline
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Fringe Programme launched
- HebWeb News: Countdown to Arts Festival