Hebden Bridge Monopoly Board
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
Local folk have a chance to win their favourite places a slot on a specially commissioned Monopoly board.
Hebden Bridge Arts Festival have got together with the Town Council to create the board and urgently need suggestions from Hebden Royd residents.
The new board which will be named by a local person is set to be unveiled at the Festival’s Gamesfest jamboree at Hebden Bridge Town Hall on Saturday 29 June.
“Lots of places have their own Monopoly boards and we thought that the huge diversity across Hebden Royd would be perfect so we’re delighted the Town Council are supporting the project,” says Festival Director Helen Meller.
"There are 29 spaces and four stations up for grabs so we’re confident we can cover all the iconic local places that might include your street, your kid’s school, somewhere you love walking, your local or maybe somewhere you like shopping. We also need a name and whoever comes up with the best one will be invited to play the first game on the new board at Gamesfest."
Gamesfest is a new festival event aimed at young people which will include a chess tournament, Warhammer sessions, retro games, trading cards, the chance to make your own boardgame and play on giant outdoor chess, jenga and connect 4. If you have any ideas for Gamesfest let us know!
All suggestions for Hebdenopoly to be sent to email@example.com or dropped in to the Town Hall by April 30.
Gamesfest runs from 12 – 4 on Saturday 29 June at Hebden Bridge Town hall as part of this year's Hebden Bridge Arts Festival.
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Outdoor fun: local creative talent wanted (10 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Trades Club Entertainment manager Mal Campbell joins Festival team (8 March 2013)
- HebWeb News:Budding playwrights needed for Hebden Shorts (23 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2013: first act to be announced is comedian Daniel Kitson (18 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Record turnout for Arts Festival open meeting (Nov 2012)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is looking for your memories (7 Nov)
- HebWeb News: New faces at Arts Festival (22 Oct)
- HebWeb News: Festival and Parade team up for 'sensational afternoon' next year (25 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival seeks new board members (18 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is over (12 July)
- HebWeb News: Carnival weekend in Hebden (3 July)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival and Handmade Parade hit the sunny streets of Hebden (27 June)
- HebWeb News: The girls are back in town! (20 June)
- HebWeb News: Festival Box Office opens Saturday 16th June
- HebWeb News: Dance weekend to kick off Arts festival
- HebWeb News: Festival Programme launched: Matisse and Stewart Lee headline
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Fringe Programme launched
- HebWeb News: Countdown to Arts Festival