Got an idea? Hebden Bridge Arts Festival wants to help
Monday, 30 March 2015
If you've got an idea for a project then Hebden Bridge Arts Festival could help you realise your dream with two micro-commissions.
The festival is committed to helping new and established artists so are inviting applications for two pots of up to £250 to help them develop their idea. The commissioned work will platform/premiere at this summer's Festival (26 June - 5 July) and artists and arts organisations will have chance to collaborate, show new work in new and/or unusual spaces and develop their own audiences.
For 2015 the festival's theme will be 'The Hills are Alive' which was chosen because it offers artists one clear way they might want to reflect the town and the people who live and visit here.
Helen Meller said: "We do stage a lot of large scale work that has taken many months to perfect but we are also very aware we need to nurture new talent and ways of working.
"We are on a limited budget so the micro commissions are our way of offering some practical support and you'd be surprised how far £250 will go with a bit of ingenuity"
Two micrommissions are already in development - as postman turned blogger Kevin Boniface is making a landscape film of Hebden Bridge mapping the area. Kevin was runner up in the Northern Blogger awards and will be narrating his film in a style described as a latter day Alan Bennett.
'Out of Hours' are using their commission to bring their place name making machine Topanomatron to Hebden Bridge. They will be generating locally inspired rubber stamps which can be used to make your own postcards to take away during the Festival.
To apply, download the micro commission application here and return it by 30 April 2015.
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Local street acts needed for Arts Festival (25 March 2015)
- HebWeb News: Young Producer Sam Bell visits Reuters (10 February 2015)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Shorts 2015: Open Gardens are back! (17 December 2014)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Shorts 2015: Get writing over Christmas (11 December 2014)
- HebWeb News: Exclusive first public showing of Arts Festival video (24 November 2014)
- HebWeb News: Young arts producers win national awards (20 November 2014)
- HebWeb News: Calder High Students deliver #yourfest (2 July 2014)
- HebWeb News: Streets come alive with Arts Festival (29 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: Win tickets to see George Monbiot (20 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: Michael Morpurgo's 'I Believe in Unicorns' (11 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: John Shuttleworth sells out (6 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival - 2014 programme published (19 May 2014)
- HebWeb News: Arts festival short plays announced. (12 May 2014)
- HebWeb News: Comedian Simon Amstell to play Picture House (8 May2014)
- HebWeb News: The Tiger Lillies play one off show at Hebden Bridge Arts Festival (10 April 2014)
- HebWeb News: Festival seeks new board members (27 March 2014)
- HebWeb News: Meet the Arts Festival team (10 March 2014)
- HebWeb News: Local business invited for a festival cuppa (15 Feb 2014)
- HebWeb News: New look for Arts Festival (31 January 2014)
- HebWeb News: Budding Playwrights Wanted! (20 January 2014)
- HebWeb News: Festival Board thanks Festival volunteers, and the HebWeb (21 July 2013)
- HebWeb News: Latest from the Festival (26 June 2013)
- Arts Festival Website