Tuesday, 24 November 2015
Festival is looking for a new Chair
After 3 successful years as the chair of the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival, Sara Robinson is stepping down. The Festival - now in its 22nd year - is looking for a dynamic and experienced Calder Valley professional to take on the role of Chair and help develop the organisation into more of a year round operation.
They are especially interested in hearing from candidates with one or more of the following specialisms:
- Knowledge and experience of the festival circuit and the wider cultural industries.
- Sustainable business planning within the creative sector.
- Fundraising experience and understanding of public and private sector funding.
- Experience of chairing or facilitation at board level.
Primary duties and responsibilities as a Chair:
- Chairing meetings effectively and ensuring the governance of the festival is in line with best practice
- Line managing and supporting the Festival Director
- Setting the agenda for the meetings in consultation with the Festival Director and preparing for the meetings.
- Being one of the figureheads and a key spokesman for HBAF
- Managing external relationships with stakeholders in consultation with the Festival Director
- Supporting the development of a new 3 year business plan
And as a trustee:
- Legal and Financial: To ensure prudent financial management and operation in accordance with Company and Charity Law
- Policy and Planning: To help define Company policies and policy priorities
- Advocacy: To act as an enthusiastic ambassador for the company at all times.
- Artistic: To approve the organisation's programme of activities.
Time Commitment: The Trustees meet 10 times a year in Hebden Bridge. In addition, there is pre meeting preparation and liaison with the Festival Director plus attending additional festival events (fundraisers, open meetings, Stakeholder events, launches etc). Additional support is required during the run up to and during the festival period. Candidates must be West Yorkshire based.
Hebden Bridge Arts Festival is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
If you are interested in finding out more information about Hebden Bridge Arts Festival please visit the Festival website. If you would like more information about the governance of charities and the roles and obligations of Trustees then visit www.charity-commission.gov.uk.
If you would like to be considered as Chair for Hebden Bridge Arts Festival please send a brief resume and an expression of interest to email@example.com by 15 January.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed w/c 18 January and the appointment will be effective immediately. Please note this is an unpaid position and does not constitute employment.
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb