Job Vacancy: Head Technician at the Picture House
Tuesday, 26 January 2016
Hebden Bridge Picture House
Picture House Head Technician
Permanent - 20 hours per week
Post Grade: Grade 5 Scale 22 to 25 (£20,253 to £22,212) pro rata.
Equivalent to £10.52 to £11.54 per hour
Hebden Royd Town Council is seeking to recruit a proactive and experienced projectionist/technician, with team leadership ability, to manage the small Projection / Technical department at the Hebden Bridge Picture House, working on a permanent, part time basis.
In addition to fulfilling all of the tasks expected of a Projectionist, including approximately five screenings/broadcasts per week, the successful candidate will manage the other team members, under the guidance of the Picture House Manager, ensuring the smooth operation of the department and its functions.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Managing the projection and technical team, under the guidance of the Picture House Manager.
- Responsibility for all ensuring all films, live broadcasts, trailers, adverts (including in-house intermission slides), and posters are on site when required and displayed (externally & internally) / presented appropriately and with all due professional care.
- Operating and maintaining projection, sound, lighting and associated ancillary equipment in order to provide film presentation and occasional live events to the highest possible standards.
- Providing technical support for hirers / other users' of the Picture House technical equipment including the safe operation of stage lighting.
- Supporting and advising the Manager on all building maintenance issues, and to undertaking basic maintenance and inspection duties.
- Ensuring Legislation, Health & Safety Legislation and Security procedures are adhered to.
- Organising any department specific training
The Picture House is a seven day a week operation and evening and weekend work will be required. A standardised weekly rota is expected to be employed.
An application form and further details can be obtained from and returned to:
The Town Clerk, Hebden Royd Town Council, The Town Hall, St Georges Street, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY or by email to email@example.com
Applications to be received by noon Thursday 11th Feb 2016
Interview date Monday 22nd Feb 2016
Role to commence immediately.