Hebden Bridge Cohousing Interest Day
Tuesday, 30 April 2019
Calder Valley Cohousing group are holding a one day event on cohousing on Saturday May 4th at the Birchcliffe Centre, Hebden Bridge.
If the term has somehow passed you by, UK Cohousing describe Cohousing communities as "intentional communities, created and run by their residents. Each household has a self-contained, private home as well as shared community space. Residents come together to manage their community, share activities, and regularly eat together."
Sign up here before 2nd May to guarantee your place and food!
- provide useful information about cohousing, including financial models and governance.
- tackle some thorny issues – dealing with conflict, leadership, power distribution and financial security.
- get to know each other - talk about our needs and expectations, do a bit of a skills audit, discuss how we’d like to communicate as we go on.
- do some dreaming – look at some local properties and some existing cohousing groups and their models.
- see if we have the beginnings of a local cohousing group or groups.
We’ll mix things up, work in small groups, and use different methods - visual, written, spoken and making.
It’ll be facilitated by Jackie Carpenter. Jackie has lived in cohousing in Cornwall for twelve years and has just become a director of the UK Cohousing Network, to offer help and advice to aspiring cohousing groups.
We won’t get too deeply into spreadsheets or legal texts but instead look at the issues through stories of others’ experiences. Jackie is happy to correspond via email afterwards for people seeking more detailed information.
What you need to know:
- Saturday May 4th, arrive from 9.30am for tea, coffee, with a start of meeting proper at 10am
- A vegetarian/vegan lunch will be provided.
- There will be plenty of breaks with drinks available.
- We’ll finish the meeting at 5pm but there will be opportunity to go to the pub to continue talking.
- £5 cost per person to help cover venue, lunch and drinks.
- The venue is a 10 minute walk uphill from Hebden Bridge town centre. There is a bus that drops off outside the Birchcliffe Centre, or there is plenty of parking.
- The parking and venue have good disabled access
- The meeting will be in the main hall and the entrance is at the back of the building, off the car park.
Full address: The Birchcliffe Centre, Birchcliffe Road, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8DG
So, what do we need from you at this stage?
Please sign up at this eventbrite page before May 2nd
If you like facebook, please join this facebook group.
Please invite others.
Any queries: email@example.com