Discussion Forum

Objections to 16 apartments in Mytholmroyd

Posted by Fran
Saturday, October 28, 2006

Petitions will be available in the Mytholmroyd Post Office and Brookes newsagents from tomorrow. Please sign with your name and address if you have reservations about this proposed development of 16 apartments on the land which was formerly the Health Centre on the corner of Thrush Hill Road and Caldene Avenue.

Full details are here:

Concerns has been expressed about the relatively small site involved for this development, lack of respect for the character of the local area, car parking problems, traffic congestion and general misgivings about the sheer number of apartments already present locally which are proving difficult to sell.

Objections have to be in by next Friday 3rd November and it is proposed to collect the petitions on Wednesday 1st November and deliver to Planning.

Or write direct to Planning & Regeneration Services, Northgate House, Halifax HX1 1UN quoting application number 06/01892/FUL.

Posted by Paul
Saturday, October 28, 2006

You should get those who have signed the petition to also write individually to the Council as well as the petition may only be treated as one objection.

Posted by Fran
Sunday, October 29, 2006

Paul
Residents close to the development initiated this petition. I didn't know, and perhaps the people involved don't know that it might be construed as one person objecting. I hope everyone reading this thread will bear that in mind.
Thank you.

From Christine Bampton-Smith
Monday, 30 October 2006

Local residents are allowed to attend the planning meeting - if the matter is sent to committee - which it should be if there are objectors. One objector is allowed to speak for 5 minutes. You can also ask one of your ward Councillors to speak. Unfortunately, I cannot on this occasion because I have an interest, as the property is so close to my house. Peter Coles and Jane Brown are your other councillors.

From Cllr Jane Brown
Tuesday, 31 October 2006

Myself and Cllr John Beacroft-Mitchell have already been in discussion with local residents on this proposal. If it gets as far as the Planning Committee we are both happy to go to the meeting and voice everyones objrctions, including our own.

A signed petiton does count. On the file it will say, a letter of objection has been received signed by (whatever the total is) signatures of objection. However if anybody does feel that they would like to express their own individual views that would be great. You can do this by the link to the web page or in writting to the address given (both at the top of this page) before this Friday.

From Lou
Friday, 3 November 2006

I believe that as of 8.30 this morning, the old Doctors Surgery is no longer. Have the plans been passed yet?

Posted by Fran
Friday, 3 November 2006

Can anybody shed light on the correct procedure for demolishing the buildings standing on this site until yesterday?

Mytholmroyd was plunged into darkness for 8 hours yesterday evening after contractors moved in to demolish the old health centre and the electricity failed thereafter.

Full details on the Mytholmroyd Net with photos:

Residents would be very interested to know whether proper procedures were in place for this work.

From Cllr Jane Brown
Friday, 3 November 2006

I have spoken to the Council Thursday 2nd November and this morning about the demolition and the safty aspect. Building control came out to the site yesterday and will come out again today. Planning permission has not been granted yet. However you do not need it to demolish a building. All you need is a demolition order, which they have. They have promised that the work will be finished and the site cleared by the end of today. If anyone would like to contact me about this please e-mail me on Councillor.Brown@Calderdale.gov.uk
Jane

Posted by Fran
Friday, 17 November 2006

Glyn Lee who organised the petition objecting to the apartments on behalf of residents has asked the Mytholmroyd.net to report back thanking everyone for signing the petition. It was delivered to planning with over 100 signatures.

Jane Brown and John Beaucroft Mitchell have been (and continue) to be active on behalf of residents and Glynn wishes to extend thanks to them too.

The plans are being revised following the objections and residents are being asked to remain vigilant because people may be asked to sign again if necessary.

Updates will be posted as news comes in.