Mytholmroyd Gala Committee
From Mark Graham
Thursday, 24 March 2016
Where is Mytholmroyd Gala Committee?
- Gala Facebook page - no Committee posts since last summer and no news of 2016 Gala.
- Website expired, not updated after 2014 Gala and nothing to replace it.
- Nothing from Committee on Twitter for the last year.
- Evasive responses to requests to join the Committee, by Chairman publicly on facebook, evidently new blood actively discouraged, despite severely depleted membership.
- No record AGM 2015 (last record was January 2014) and no published record of the re-election of officers or the election of the vice chairperson; no published record of any meeting since July 2015.
- Secret meeting, called as extraordinary meeting at short notice, in the Chairperson's house in Pellon on 23rd March.
- Apparently all decisions are taken by Chairman and Vice-Chairman; anybody who disagrees is forced out.
A lot of questions need answering, including:
- The Committee was awarded £4,800 grant from Hebden Royd Council in 2015, how was it spent?
- Why has the Chairman cancelled the procession for 2016?
- Why does Committee comprise mostly non-Mytholmroyd residents? Chairman lives in Pellon, Vice-Chairman is from Huddersfield?
- Why can't this traditional Mytholmroyd Gala be planned and organised by the Mytholmroyd community? There are wonderful local organisations who could join together to produce a real village event on the school field.
- Many questions about Constitutional and other irregularities.
From David Thompson
Friday, 25 March 2016
Sounds very sinister. Remarkably similar to the way that the Mytholmroyd Community Centre is run, as I recall from posts some years ago.