Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Victoria Road Eyesore

From Steve Holt

Tuesday, 25 July 2017

What a disgrace to Hebden Bridge. At the end of Victoria Road there are 3 abandoned caravans that have been there for years. One caravan has someone living in it with a total lack of hygiene facilities, with what looks like raw sewage underneath it. A councillor needs to do something about this.

From Nigel W

Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Couldn't agree more. I looked at an apartment there last year. But looking out of the windows towards them put me right off buying it.
But to think that someone is living in one and that there is sewage underneath is disgusting. Surely it is up to the council to do something about it. Even if it is on a private road.

From Emma Leeming

Thursday, 31 August 2017

Hebden Bridge is a tolerant town but not when it comes to
Caravan dwellers…

I am really appalled at these comments. Hebden Bridge has become an exciting, largely tolerant, cool and funky place to live largely because of hippies and artists who moved into the town; people who set a precedent of peace and love; people who squatted buildings and lived in caravans, vans and tepees and lived the way their hearts told them to.

I'd say be grateful that there are still people who dare to live a bit differently. Lots of these pioneers can no longer afford Hebde Bridge and have moved out. HebdenBridge is in danger of becoming an overly polished town where creativity will be squeezed out. 

From Henry Wiseman

Tuesday, 19 September 2017

Offended, really? I struggle to compare the evolution of Hebden Bridge through the 60s and 70s to this decaying eyesore wallowing in its own sewage? Maybe you should see what the issue is before comapring same. I genuinely feel for the people who live in the shadow of this. It tarnishes the town and certainly does not reflect the timeline on how we became funky. Henry.

From Ceri Widdett

Wednesday, 4 October 2017

Environmental Health have been notified  and are visiting the site between 3-4pm today with a view to removing the abandoned/ dangerous caravans.I will forward any response.