Crowdfunding for Flooded Businesses
Wednesday, 6 January 2016
Thanks to Bob Deacon for this info
All Hebden Bridge Businesses affected by the floods are urged to become involved in this new initiative which has the support of Calderdale.
Basically, if you are involved you stand to share in the funds collected. Each Business will get an equal share so if you are a small business this might well work to your advantage.
An information evening for business owners/directors who are interested in being involved in the Business Crowdfunding Campaign for the benefit of Calderdale businesses affected by the floods.
The criteria for a business being eligible to be involved is:
- They must trade from a location in Calderdale
- They must have been 'affected' by the floods and suffered a loss in trade – whether their premises were flooded, or they trade with businesses that were, or find that the traffic & infrastructure and general lack of footfall has had an impact on them, or loss of employees' working hours has affected productivity
- They must be willing to be involved in promoting the campaign through their social media channels and contacts (more details to be supplied at this event)
- The distribution of the monies raised will be very simple: funds raised will be equally shared by every business that is involved, irrespective of business size or level of flood impact.
- The event will be cancelled if insufficient numbers of interested businesses do not register to attend.
When? Thursday, 7 January 2016 from 18:30 to 20:30 (GMT)
Where? Tower House Hotel - Master Lane Halifax, HX2 7EW GB -