Hebden Bridge Visitor
and Canal Centre
Hebden Bridge HX7 8AF
Tel: +44 (0)1422 843831
E-mail: Visitor and Canal Centre
Hebden Bridge Tourism Guide 2018
On this page, you can download a copy of the Hebden Bridge Tourism Guide 2018, and below you will find weblinks to much of what's listed in the leaflet, following the order of each fold. They're from a variety of sources but we hope still helpful.
Here are helpful links to the many attractions featured in the Hebden Bridge Visitor Guide (panel by panel), starting with your first place to stop: Hebden Bridge Visitors Centre tel 01422 843831 email firstname.lastname@example.org
21 things to see and do panel
- Hebden Bridge station information and history
- Brief history of the old stone bridge that gives the town its name and which celebrated its 500th Birthday in 2010.
- Fustian Knife sculpture history and pictures. Hebden's textile making history - when it was known as 'Trouser Town' - continues to this day.
- Rochdale canal pictures
- Boat Trip on the Canal from Stubbing Wharf
- Calder Holmes park and skatepark
- Picture House (cinema)
- Trades Club music venue
- Little Theatre
- Hebden Bridge award-winning market
- Hardcastle Crags
- Moors: Stoodley Pike walk scroll down for other walks
- Mytholmroyd and Ted Hughes
Getting Here panel
- Train services to Hebden
- Satnav: the postcode for Hebden Bridge is HX7. Map and list of all car parks and charges
- Buses: journey planner; real-time bus information is here. Timetables for network of Hebden Bridge little buses: scroll down for routes 594-599 and 900.
Bicycle: journey planner for cycle routes - map of the Calder Valley Cycleway
- Walking: Hebden Bridge Walkers Action and some pictures from the Pennine Way. Hebden Bridge Loop on the Pennine Way
- Lots of cycling, walking and horse riding routes
- Canal Moorings
Staying Here panel
- Wide range of accommodation is advertised here or get help from the Visitors' Centre 01422 843831 email email@example.com
2018 Events panel
- Heptonstall Pace Eggs play March 30th
- Hebden Bridge Duck Race April 2nd
- Piano Festival April 20th-22nd
- Burlesque Festival May 3rd-6th
- Tour de Yorkshire stage 4 location May 6th
- Hebden Bridge Folk Roots Festival May 11th-13th
- Pennine Spring Music Festival May 30th-June 2nd
- Hebden Bridge brass band contest June 17th
- Hebden Bridge Arts Festival June 22nd-July 1st
- Handmade Parade June 24th
- Hebden Bridge Open Studios & Gardens July 6-8th
- Steam Punk Festival July 14-15th
- Vintage Car Rally August 4th-5th
- Happy Valley Pride August 6-12th
- South Pennines Walk and Ride Festival 8th-23rd
- CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival September 27-29th
- Ted Hughes Festival October 19th-21st
Walkers & Cyclists are welcome panel
Tour de Yorkshire is on 3rd-6th May. Stage 4 details including Hebden Bridge are here.
Cycling: you can read about England's longest continuous road climb (5½ miles) here, and there's a video here.
Walking: 16 walks around Hebden are fully illustrated here , and the path network further afield is here.
Eat well, drink well panel
- Listing of cafes and restaurants
Shop 'independently' panelThe best online list of shops appears to be here