Spring Clean-up 2005
Once again, local residents gave up their time this weekend (9-10th April) to clean our area. It was part of a Hebden Royd sponsored litter clearout across the town. Hebden Royd council provided bags, gloves and a skip. By the end of the weekend, the Delph, the Mill Pond and adjoining streets were completely clear of rubbish.
Right: The Mill Pond flowers again!
When a company planning to build environmentally friendly eco-houses in the Pennines took chainsaws to nearby woodland containing protected trees, locals in Hebden Bridge cried foul. They say the developers are guilty of 'greenwashing' - just pretending to be environmentally friendly to get planning permission - from Radio 4's You and Yours site
Listen Again - to the item on 15th Dec 2004
11 Dec: local residents clear rubbish from Dog Bottom
GREEN TOPS MEETING - a "shambles" - added 25th Nov 2004
Cleanup and planting: dozens of local residents spent Saturday afternoon (20th Nov) clearing the Delph of rubbish, filling the skip and planting hundreds of bulbs provided by Calderdale Council.
PETITION: we now have over 1000 signatures. If you would like to add your signature or collect some for us, please download the petition, complete and return to Louise Brough at 18, Windsor Road, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8LF
CHAINSAW TUESDAY - More photos added 14th Nov 2004
- Letter to Green Tops registered address returned by Royal Mail - Thursday, November 11, 2004
- Mark Clyndes and Age Concern - sacked for "gross misconduct"
- MILL POND DEMO - Saturday, October 30, 2004
- Yorkshire Post reports that the council may take legal action over the tree felling, and quotes Christine MacCafferty MP expressing her support for residents - 27th October
- CHAINSAW TUESDAY - Photos and video - 19th October
- MILL POND TREES DESTROYED - Wednesday, October 6, 2004
- Mill pond cleanup - 2nd October 2004
- Mill pond latest info - 19th April
- Mill pond latest info - 27th Feb
- Illegal tree felling - do you recognise these men?
- Tree preservation order letter and diagram - added 16th Feb (pdf, 200k)
- Mill Pond under threat again - Friday, February 13, 2004
- Mill Pond sold: Steve Wilinksky has just received a letter from Eddisons informing him that his offer was unsuccessful and that a sale has been agreed "subject to contract, with another interested party." (31 Dec 03)
- Salem Mill pond protest - Saturday, September 13, 2003
- Radio Leeds news item (Real Audio) - 17th September