Ryburne

Small ads

Empty shelves

From Andy M

Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Popped down to the CO-Op and then Oasis to be greeted by empty bread, meat and veg shelves. I thought: it can’t be the weather, and asked if there was a supply problem.

No, no supply problem, apparently stockpiling/panic buying is the reason… welll, I ask you… it’s pathetic.

Is the main road mysteriously blocked between here and Tesco’s? Are there wolves roaming the streets? Looks like we’re in for some sunny days with occasional snow showers… should I stock up on extra virgin olive oil and rocket you think?

From Dave H

Thursday, 7 January 2010

Let’s face it - the fresh produce shelves in HB Co-op are almost always half empty 12 months a year. It reminds me of 1930’s Eastern Europe in there. I thought things might change with the refurb, but unless you refurb the management it’s just going to stay the same.

From Julie C

Monday, 11 January 2010

Well, well, everyone, you need a Bob and Yvonne and a local Post Office shop like us lucky people in Old Town. Everything you need when you need it, just a slip slide away, and the bus still coming up. Thanks all.

From Emma S

11 January 2010

Yep, thumbs up to Bob and Evonne at Old Town Post Office… I was snowed in today up in Old Town unable to get to any other shop than the post office, but I needn’t have worried as their shelves were full of most anything you could want… it’s a great little shop and such lovely people too.

If Old Town Post Office can get it right - i.e. pre-order some extra bread and other basics - why can’t other shops? And why is the stock control still so appalling at the Co-op? Whatever time of year I can practically guarantee that I will not be able to get at least one item on my shopping list, often a fairly basic item… which is why I rarely choose to shop there. The Co-op must lose loads of trade due to hopeless stock control.

From M. Elder

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Just like 1930’s eastern Europe! Before the 2nd World War.
A. How old are you? Do you really remember?
B. That’s when Eastern Europe was non-communist.
C. What a lot of whingers!

Get out more, get a life