See all listings below - by subject
Jim Byrne and Renata Taylor-Byrne have published a range of books on; anger, anxiety and depression problems; couple relationship difficulties; writing therapy; diet and exercise for mental health; sleep science; philosophy of life and mind management; and counselling theory. Plus one fictionalized autobiography and one novel. For more, see our website.
Dr Jim Byrne and Renata Taylor-Byrne offer a range of counselling, coaching and psychotherapy services, in Hebden Bridge, or via the telephone (and Jim offers Skype sessions). They also sell books, and post blogs on personal development and Lifestyle Counselling issues. See website
Experienced local architect skilled in renovations, conversions and extensions, including work to traditional and Listed buildings.
Need more space but don't want to move?
Let me help to re-model, adapt and make the best use of the space you've got. Family-friendly and affordable. Free initial consultation (no obligation).
Counselling can help you gain a new perspective of your current difficulties. I am an experienced, qualified counsellor with a private practice near Mytholmroyd. Please look at counsellingwithamelie.com to find out more information about the counselling process, about me and how I work.
- Andrew Bibby - journalist
- Ariana String Quartet - are noted for the breadth of their repertoire stretching from the classical right through to popular light music, enabling them to provide suitable music for all kinds of functions.
- The Ark and Space - Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' nursery & out of school club set in an amazing 4-acre site. Highest quality childcare for children aged 0-14 in a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
Blu Planet Photography - Local, friendly, professional and environmentally aware photography services.
Weddings & Civil Partnerships, Events, Portraits, Pet Photography.
Visit our website for more information or call 07949 656175
Interested in Beer and Pubs? then go to the Beer-Inn Print website for books about beer, pubs, breweries, brewing; current guides and past histories for British Isles, Europe and USA. Plus wide range of Beer and Pub Posters, Beer & Whisky Signs, Beer Postcards and Beer Magazines.
- Calder Valley Search and Rescue Team
- Calder Valley Steiner School
- Calder Valley Voices - community choir
- Canal Narrowboat holidays on Yorkshire waterways - Shire Cruisers boating holiday. The Yorkshire Narrowboat and canal boat holiday company that works hard to give you an easy time. Explore the Pennine waterways, canals and rivers in a charming, well-appointed narrow boat.
- Central Street Infant & Nursery School
- Charlestown History Group
Claire Sheehan: Welcome to Claire Sheehan Estate Agents - 100% local and 100% independent we are here to provide you with the best service possible.
From our central Hebden Bridge office, we offer a residential Sales & Lettings service, covering the upper Calder Valley area.
We will always give good, honest reliable advice and offer our top rate service at competitive fees.
- Clare Blakey, Calder Counselling
Friendly and confidential help for anxiety, depression, phobias, trauma, anger management and addictons. See website for more details
Clare Lupino Living Portraits
I've a First Class honours degree and decades of experience. With sketches from your ideas, I create custom tattoos in my Health Registered studio, hand-drawn to fit the contours of your body, I specialise in cover-up work and can tranform old, tired or badly executed tattoos into design talismans of beauty. Every piece a work of art. Also Permanent Cosmetic procedures (brows, 3-D areola tattoos, etc)
- Connective Space Shiatsu - with Frances Stoakley. Holistic Acupressure Shiatsu can help with Back and muscle pain; Menopausal symptoms; Fibromyalgia; Digestive problems; High blood pressure; Anxiety; Depression; Stress. Connect with me: email@example.com
At the Yoga Centre, Hangingroyd Lane, Hebden Bridge. Welcome to Tibetan and crystal singing bowls, gong bath, drumming journey, songs and chants to restore and relax with gifted singer/ songwriter/ soundhealer/ teacher Kath Reade. For info on dates and to book your place go to www.deepsong.org
- Digital Nomads - WordPress website design services by Digital Nomads. Affordable, professional solutions that support your business and help you achieve results. Modern, responsive websites that work well on mobile devices, with full training and support
- Dodnaze Community Association - available for regular and one-off bookings at £5 per hour. Ring 01422 843216 for details
Renewable Energy specialist, MCS registered in:
Solar Hot Water
Biomass, pellet, log or wood chip heating
Also Plumbing, Mains Gas, LPG & Oil Heating, Electrical & Solid Fuel Engineers. Gas Safe, Oftec, HETAS, Elecsa & Part P registered.
Committed to Energy Conservation, Renewable Energy and a Nuclear free zone.
- Fiveboys Store: Local e-shop offering a range of footwear from shoes, sandals, wellies & moccasins - for women, men and children. Also sell socks and hosiery. Free local delivery by arrangement.
- Friends of Hebden Bridge Station - Engineered by George Stephenson, the Manchester and Leeds Railway along the Calder Valley was the first trans-Pennine railway. The line opened through Hebden Bridge in October 1840 when the first station was built here.
- Frogs Graphic Design
- Full Circle Funerals - We are modern funeral directors committed to supporting the wellbeing of every bereaved individual. We will first listen to you, and then tailor our support to meet your needs.
- Halifax Man & Van - We provide transportation solutions UK wide to both commercial and domestic customers. Our services include single item collections, business relocation, courier services and home removals. With over 10 years in business we have the manpower equipment and know how to transport all manner of goods safely and efficiently. When you need to transport your belongings or cargo Halifax Man and Van will deliver.
- Halifax Self Storage - Halifax storage UK is a provider of storage units in Halifax West Yorkshire. Our Self storage Halifax UK site will provide you with an immediate price of storage units.
- Halifax Tree Services provides professional Tree Surgeons in the Calder Valley covering tree felling, pruning, stump grinding, garden clearance, hedge removal and trimming. We have logs for sale and natural wood chip mulch for gardening.
- HearFirst - deaf awareness courses and training
- Hebden Bridge Brass Band
- Hebden Bridge Comedy Club
We are a small, caring and friendly family-run business offering Riding Lessons and Hacks on the Scenic Bridleways adjacent to our farm. Novice and Complete Beginner Riders - Adults and Children welcome. Lovely, quiet horses.
- Hebden Bridge Flamenco
Flamenco song, dance and music
- Hebden Bridge Little Theatre
- Hebden Bridge Saints - Junior club providing football training and matches for the children of Hebden Bridge and surrounding villages
- Hebden Bridge History Group
- Hebden Bridge Trades Club
- Hebden Bridge Twinning Society
- Hebden Bridge Web
- Hebden Care
Classes and private lessons in Wing Chun Kung Fu taught my Sifu Marcus Watts (Ching Mo Association). Wing Chun is a practical and efficient Chinese martial art developing mind, body and effective self-defence.
- Hepton Singers
- Hour Car - Community owned car club. Cars in Hebden, Mytholmroyd and Todmorden. 24/7 internet booking. Rates from £1.80 per hour. Membership £110 per annum. Our fleet includes an electric car.
- Hx Scaffolding Solutions - Expert, safe and reliable scaffolders operating across the Calder Valley. Specialists in scaffolding hire, design and installation. Experience ranging from safe platforms for domestic roofing to large new builds, commercial building projects and industrial renovations.
- Glyn Hughes - award winning local writer and poet.
- Hope Baptist Church - A Christian group meeting in the centre of town, we are currently considering how best to meet the needs of our local community.
Imagine Results: We believe that organisations succeed when they are able to embrace, shape and react effectively to change and when they are able to constructively use past experience instead of being restricted by it. Have a look over our website to see if you think we can help.
- I spice - Curry Nights, Catering and Basket Snacks around the pubs in the Hebden Bridge area.
- I want to go as
Costumes and fancy dress for the whole family. Great prices and free shipping on orders over £10. We can source a wide range of costumes, so if you don't see what you want, drop us a line, and we'll do our best to find you what you're looking for.
Jack's Guitars, Hebden Bridge: Stringed Musical Instrument Service and Repair. Specialising in guitars and basses, also mandolin, ukulele, banjo and violin family. Spare parts, upgrades and strings available. Beehive Mills, Hebble End, Hebden Bridge. 07805 918789 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jude works in ceramics, glass and textiles with an emphasis on organic form and texture.
- Latham Farm
- Jill Liddington
Nationally acclaimed history who has written extensively on Anne Lister of Halifax and the Women's Suffrage movement - her most recent work, Rebel Girls: their fight for the vote, was published by Virago Press in May 2006
- Linden Music Studio
- Little Valley Brewery - An organic brewery set in the Calder Valley producing real ales. Buy on-line via our website or visit us and try before you buy
- Rachel Low: Homoeopath. Homoeopathic treatment for adults, children, babies, and women in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Menfolk Waits formed in September 2009 to perform at the Raise Your Banners festival of political song. Since then we've appeared at many Harmony Open Mics in Hebden Bridge, at fund-raisers for White Ribbon and as support for the Bristol Georgian Choir.
- Milltown Memories - history magazine based in the Upper Calder Valley and edited by Issy Shannon
My coach, Joe - Transformational personal coach
I am an accredited Relational Dynamic Life Coach and work predominantly with creative practitioners.
With me, it's all about you. You are given a space in which to truly listen to what you are saying and to do something real and positive about it.
Phone - SKYPE - F2F. Your first conversation is free.
- Mytholmroyd Historical Society - whose aim is to uncover, record and present the history of Mytholmroyd. Since 1991 we have had approximately 150 Speakers.
Experienced and professional English tutor with a successful track record. Speciality: GCSE and A Level. I can help you get better exam results, catch up on missed work, feel more confident in class.
Or, if you are a non-English speaker, I can teach you to speak English - TEFL qualified.
I'm a local jewellery designer-maker with several collections of silver, pearl and gemstone jewellery for all occasions.
I hand make necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Bespoke commissions also undertaken.
- Ralph and Vitalija in Hebden Bridge: "Get it done!" Sorting / organising / de-cluttering / blitz cleaning your home, home care with heart, get things working, solving problems, £10 an hour. Ralph, email - web site
Based in Hebden Bridge. However, often work further afield. We are known for our meticulous working ethics. We always strive to offer a service and products that last and result in value for money
'We don't want to meet your expectations…
We want to exceed them."
Facebook: RSJJ Painting and Decorating
Tel: 07979 647373
Established over thirty years ago at our quarry on the moors above Hebden Bridge, we quarry and shape the coarse grained millstone grit characteristic of the older buildings in the area.
We specialise in producing window surrounds, mullions and fireplaces for the repair and restoration of these beautiful buildings.
Spirals Fair Trade: Spirals offers two floors of ethical products - Fairtrade, eco-friendly, organic and locally-made. Great for gifts as well as a wide range of clothing, jewellery, kitchenware, children's toys and natural skincare. Upstairs you will find a great selection of home furnihsings and handmade eco-friendly furniture, alongside local artworks.
Summit 14, provides coaching, mentoring and a leisure consultancy aimed at improving the performance and life chances of individuals as well as improving the performance of organisations.
We provide a quality customer experience that is tailored to an individual's or an organisation's specific requirements.
Contact David Morby for an initial conversation.
Mobile: 07720 660068 See website
- TalkFirst - teaching babies how to sign so they can tell their mums and dads how they feel and what they want
- Thinking further: Adult classes in Literature and the History of Art, in Hebden Bridge. No previous knowledge required: each course is learning for pleasure, with lots of opportunity for discussion, reflection, and further thinking...
- Todmorden Moor Restoration Trust
- Valley Willwriting: Valley Willwriting provides a friendly, professional and ethical willwriting service for people living in Hebden Bridge who are considering making a Will or who are reviewing an existing one.
A friendly, fully equipped gym and fitness centre located in the heart of Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire.
Temporary memberships available for visitors and returning students. Classes run throughout the week.
Telephone 01422 846 088.
Brand new holistic well-being hub now open, Sowerby Bridge. Our three-story sanctuary is a haven for those seeking nourishment for the mind, body, and soul. With Vegetarian Cafe, events space, sauna therapy rooms and floatation spa we are ready to meet all your wellbeing needs.
Sales, Service and Restoration of Classic Cars. West Riding Classic cars specialise in buying and selling classic cars of all descriptions, as well as Service work and restoration, and parts sourcing. If you have an interest in Classics of any description why not visit us on Brearley Lane and have a look around.
Zebra Photography: Fun and natural lifestyle photography on location. Children and family portraits, weddings and civil partnerships. Commercial photography for local businesses.
Zeitgeist's Hair boutique hair salon is a modern, intimate and friendly salon that offers cuts, colours and men' s grooming of the highest standard.
Our team are all Vidal Sassoon trained. Book now or call us for a free consultation - we will listen to your needs and design an individual, creative look, perfectly suited to you and your lifestyle.
01422 844 974 to speak to our dedicated, welcoming team.