Ryburne

Small ads

Parking in Hebden Bridge

From Sandra & David

Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Wonder if someone can give us some advice. We’re moving to Hebden Bridge at the end of the month, unfortunately the road outside our property has double yellow lines, so we now find ourselves in the position of not knowing where to park. We have one small car and a scooter

We have contacted Calderdale Council who have quoted for a pass for the car parks which seems very expensive, especially if we are working during the week.

Can anyone suggest a street close to the town centre where it is possible to park without incurring any sort of penalties.

Thanks very much

From Joel B

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Sandra & David, Which street are you moving to? Will be easier to tell you the nearest parking from the street name.

From Sandra & David

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Hi Joel

Thanks for getting back to us, we’re moving to Albert St.

From Joel B

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Probably the closest free parking is up and around Birchcliffe Road I think, its the steep road just behind you. Its only a few mins walk from Albert Street. That is if it is still free !!

Hebden is terrible for parking, I’m forever getting tickets, even for being a few mins late back to the car (my own fault I know). I’ve always said residents should be able to park for free !! Hope this helps anyway.

From Sandra & David

Thursday, 10 June 2010

Thanks so much Joel, that’s really helpful.

From Chris Sawer

Thursday, 10 June 2010

If you don’t use your car very much, why not sell it and join Hour Car?

This is a car share scheme based in Hebden Bridge. You pay an annual fee and can then easily book one of the cars online whenever you need it. Cars are charged by the hour, and if you are a light user, it works out cheaper than owning your own car.

Not only would your parking worries go away, but you wouldn’t have to worry about tax, MOT, insurance, servicing, tyres, brakes, etc.

Failing that, as Joel suggests, you’ll have to find a space up on the Birchcliffe hillside somewhere. Please be sensitive to the residents who live up there by not leaving your car outside someone else’s house for days on end.

From Sandra & David

Saturday, 12 June 2010

Thanks Chris, I had already looked into this and if I happen to get a job that is easily commutable by bus or train I’ll certainly be getting rid of the car. The car scheme sounds great.

From H Smith

Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Thanks Chris for your comments about being sensitive to residents — much appreciated! If only people were more considerate.

Residents do get fed up with people who could park much nearer their own homes where there is much more room but for some reason insist on squeezing into our streets. Why???

It would also be great if our dual car households could be persudaded to ditch of one or more of their cars!! :-)