Ryburne

Small ads

Ian Coates

From Christine Florida

Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Ian was fine on June 29th cannot remember place on his way too. It will not be easy for him to contact anyone I would think at the moment. Phone calls restricted from Russia will have to meet someone with computer. And won’t be many of them in the area he is traveling through. Might be quite a while yet before anyone hears from him. I think his new helmet has a satellite tracking system in it. So if working should be easy to find if someone knows how to do it.

From Derek Pollard

Thursday, 22 July 2010

To add to Christines Message and to quote The Voice of Russia on June 30th 2010. "British biker Ian Coates continues his marathon around-the-world tour, which saw him arrive in the Russian city of Novosibirsk on Wednesday, media reports said. Travelling solo on his vitage Honda bike, the 67 year old has covered 130,000 miles in 70 countries since 1999". Aside from Russia, he plans to trip to Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Afghanistan before returning to Yorkshire in the coming months. In an interview on Wednesday, Coates particularly praised hospitality he said his Russian colleagues and ordinary people demonstrated upon his arrival in Novosibirsk. Good luck to our Ian

From Derek Pollard

Friday, 30 July 2010

Very good news, Ian telephoned Judith and Jason this morning. He has left Russia and arrived in the Ukraine this morning. Good news indeed.

From Andrey Sevastopol

Sunday, 8 August 2010

I spoke with Ian today in Bike Centre of Sevastopol. He feels very satisfied and happy. Ian is resting at embankment in Balaklava now. Nice to meet him...

See also

HebWeb Feature