Ryburne

Small ads

Hebden Bridge minibus services

From Myra James

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

As many will know, Tyrer Buses took over the contract for Hebden Bridge and Todmorden minibuses from the end of October. As a member of the Calderdale Passenger Consultative Committee, I am interested in feedback on the service provided.

I know that the change has been bad for passengers in terms of fares because First tickets can no longer be used on minibus routes. I have also discovered that First is no longer accepting Metro's Hebden Bridger ticket on its services. I have been in contact with Metro and they see Quality Contracts as the solution to ticketing problems of this kind. I've no idea when these might arrive on the scene so for the time being we are stuck with the present unsatisfactory arrangement.

Tyrer is currently operating the same routes as formerly provided by First, but there may be oppportunites to change or develop routes in future. Metro is keen to receive feedback on the service provided by Tyrer. If anyone wishes to recount their experience of the new provider via this forum, I will feed those views back to Metro.