Ryburne

Small ads

Wheel Clamping and parking

From Lorraine Rodda

Monday, 5 December 2011

On Thursday 1st December I was clamped at the Launderette in Mytholmroyd; I live in the village and was totally unaware of the scruffy very badly positioned sign.

I dropped some boots in to Dougie's Bike/Shoe Repairs, returned immediately to my car and was shocked to see the clamp; within 10 seconds two 'heavies' appeared demanding £150 to release the clamp. They informed me I had 1 hour to pay up or the towing van would arrive, adding another £150 to the fine. I was told to go to the cashpoint at Sainsburys Local as their card machine was 'not working'.

The two ladies in the Launderette were completely unhelpful even though we are customers there.

Despite trying to reason with these 'gentlemen' (one of whom features heavily on the C4 documentary on the disgusting clamping situation in Haworth - see YouTube), I had to pay the fine to be released.

My family, friends, and local business owners are equally appalled at this 'legalised robbery', so please; firstly, enlighten others and secondly, state your opinions on this. Thanks for your time.

From Stan Morville

Monday, 5 December 2011

These bxxxxxxs are the ones who used to police the surgery car park and I fell foul of their of intimidating tatics after dropping off keys at a local estate agents after completing a survey. Last week a friend of mine was clamped after buying a sandwich at the cafe at the front. His enquires reveal that the land in question belongs to Thornbers. We are all customers of theirs one way or another. Vote with your feet!

From Cllr James Baker

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

It is really awful, a friend of mine got stung by the same bullies operating out of the infamous Haworth car park. What is even more frustrating is that it will soon be illegal to operate clamps like this on private land when the Freedom Bill finally passes onto the statue books.

From James Cunningham

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

I got a ticket for overstaying in the Co-op car park. I discovered through a spot of research on the web that the so called ticket is nothing more than an invoice and that it is not legally enforceable. The best way to deal with this matter is to ignore it. Do not reply to the threatening letters and they will soon stop. This applies to all private car park operators. Further info can be had here.

From Andy M

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

James: so you think your ticket for err 'overstaying' in the Co-Op car park was unjust?! I'm impressed you got one because you'd have to have spent a lonnngg time in there to warrant it!

I'd pay up if I were you.

From Paul Brook

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

If you notice a clamp . Think on your feet. The launderette sells bags that are 21 quid. Go back and buy a bag . Cheaper than the clamp

From Molly Sunderland

Saturday, 10 December 2011

To Stan Morville - Could you possibly explain what this topic has to do with Thornbers please - are your facts correct? If not I think an apology may be required!!

From Stan Morville

Sunday, 11 December 2011

When my friend was clamed two weeks ago his enquires with local shops informed him he was parked on land belonging to Thornbers and that the clampers must have a contract with them. If this is not the case then of course I apologise. But they must have a contract with someone local otherwise their actions must be illegal.

See also

HebWeb News: Health Centre Clamping Complaints: what compaints? (Feb 2007)

HebWeb Forum: Clamping in Mytholmroyd (March-April 2007)

HebWeb Forum: Clamping in Mytholmroyd (March-July 2007)