Ryburne

Small ads

Broken Christmas lights

From Darren Kay

Saturday, 10 December 2011

Has anybody noticed the Christmas lights that aren't working in town? There are three sets of illuminations accross Market Street, two of which don't seem to have worked since the lights were switched on.

I think it looks shabby, especially since all the shops in town, particularly the one's on Market Street, have tried really hard to dress their windows for Christmas. Does anyone know if Hebden Royd Town Council or Calderdale are doing anything about it?

From James Baker

Sunday, 11 December 2011

I noticed it this weekend, and wondered whether it was the wind or something that had affected the power connection. They were all working last week. Have just emailed the clerk and some of your Calder ward councillors as I think Calderdale council look after the lights, and the town council just contributes to costs.

From Rev Tony Buglass

Monday, 12 December 2011

Sorry, James - two out of the three rigs over Market Street have been dark all week, possibly since just after the switch on. It hasn't happened due to this week's gales.

From Lizzie D

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

All in all a poor performance of what should be a quite nice display this yearl, with lights out from switch on.

The square looks very nice but what happened to the lights on the 2 trees near the bench/taxi rank? They were always lit up. I'm not a lover of these lampost lighting fixtures though, particulalrly through Mytholmroyd, they are too small and seem to get lost in the emptiness somehow.

From James Baker

Thursday, 15 December 2011

Ah there goes my wind theory then! The wind has certainly taken its toll on the Mytholmroyd Christmas tree that is leaning like the tower of pisa. It emerges that the problem is down to a fault with the lights that keeps blowing the fuses. They are due to be inspected again this week, and if they fault can be identified they will be taken off and repaired. So keep your fingers crossed they can get sorted.