Ryburne

Small ads

Craig Whittaker

From Peter Lazenby

Friday, 3 February 2012

I saw Craig Whittaker was on his feet in the Commons talking about local unemployment in a debate initiated by Linda Riordan.

He certainly seems intent on keep local NHS staff in work. (allegedly - Ed)

From Andy M

Friday, 3 February 2012

Indeed - and doing sterling work drawing attention to the fact that we don't have a 24 hour petrol station facility in Mytholmroyd.

From Stephen Curry

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

It looks like this thread has not really taken off and I suspect it is because most of us think like the Police, the Local Conservative Party and the family of Mr Whittaker, that it is inappropriate to pass judgement on an allegation of which we have few facts. Some may visualise a violent attack, others will think it was probably a minor family tiff at Christmas. We just don't know. Only one person sought to make any public comment from a standpoint of such ignorance of the facts and that was the Labour candidate for Calder Ward.

"Whatever the individual circumstances of this case people expect certain standards of MPs - particularly when they tell us they represent the party of family values. "Craig Whittaker is accountable to his constituents and I expect many will be raising the issue with him."

Lets hope this candidate has the issue of being so judgemental without the facts raised with her on the election doorsteps and by her own town council constituents. And perhaps local Labour Party leadership should look carefully at use such crass political posturing as a vote winner.

From Peter Lazenby

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

It's unfair to say that Susan P "sought to make a public comment." In fact it was the papers who sought her out and asked her to make one. A "no comment" response wouldn't have looked too good coming from her as a journalist, would it?

From Gideon Foster

Yes a "no comment" would certainly have been better , as i imagine her view was sought as a Labour candidate not as a Journalist!

From Graham Barker

'Sorry, I don't know all the facts so it would be wrong of me to make any kind of comment'. How does that sound? Just a suggestion from an experienced adult rather than an experienced journalist.

From Dave M

Monday, 20 February 2012

Does anyone know what happened regarding Mr Whittaker's arrest? According to the BBC he was arrested in early January. Not sure how long the police take to conclude enquiries in such a case but if Mr Whittaker is to receive a caution or is to be charged then we should be told. Likewise if he has been cleared.

From Christopher Reason

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

I do know that I emailed him a fortnight ago regarding the NHS bill and have so far only received an automated acknowledgement.

From Andy M

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Whilst it's right not to speculate too much about our MP's current situation he is also our elected representative and the lack of news is disingenous to his electorate. His website hasn't been updated since January 12th for example.

From Dave M

Friday, 9 March 2012

Is there still no word on whether Mr Whittaker who, according to the BBC, was 'arrested in assault probe' in early January has yet been cleared?

I was remimded of this because the (unrelated) case of Eric Joyce MP, who was arrested for assault on 22 February, was in the news today and has been heard already.

I see that Mr Whittaker's website still hasn't been updated.

See also

HebWeb News: Craig Whittaker MP arrested (1st Feb 2012)