Ryburne

Small ads

Blenheim Street plans

From Liz F

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Builders have re-submitted planning application for an area of land at the top of Blenheim Street, which acted as a soak-away for surface water during the recent deluges. Future heavy rainfall will flow straight down the hillside if the houses are built, and trees cut down. In steep areas such as this, which are already heavily built upon, soak-aways are vital. Who thought that houses higher up the hillsides would flood. This area is also home to Badgers and their setts, bats and deer, a fact which the developer has chosen to ignore in his re-submission.

From Bill Greenwood

Friday, 3 August 2012

Good Lord, the freak cloudburst was a once in a lifetime occurrence! But no doubt it'll be used against every proposed development for years to come... by people who are living in houses built on land that would also have acted a a soakaway and been home to all manner of wildlife before they were built!

From Martin F

Friday, 3 August 2012

As requested on the Planning Watch page, I'll be at the Hebden Royd Town Council meeting next Wednesday and urge other residents, whether they live near Blenheim Street or not, to be there as well.

From Trizia W

Monday, 6 August 2012

That's great Martin and I hope we get a good turnout. The development will affect many people on the Birchcliffe hillside, not just those who are resident on the street. One thing that slightly concerns me is that is much harder to leave a comment on the Council website now - you have to jump through a load of hoops, setting up a profile and having a password etc. I don't see why or anyone else should have to do all that to voice their opinion, and I hope that people feel strongly enough to either go through the hoops or revert to pen and paper (which I have), or come along to the HRTC meeting on Wednesday instead.

From Trizia W

Thursday, 9 August 2012

Good to see so many residents at last night's Hebden Royd Town Council meeting - eleven in the middle of the summer holidays is good going. The applicants weren't represented. David Taylor gave an excellent presentation on behalf of the residents.

One of his points, echoed by the councillors, was that the resubmitted plans have not been altered, other than now containing factual inaccuracies regarding the site. The council voted unanimously to support the objection to the application. If you haven't already done so, please write to the council to add your voice, and watch out for a piece in this week's HB Times.