Ryburne

Small ads

Irresponsible Dog Owners

From Eleanor Land

Thursday, 18 October 2012

I have recently moved to Hebden Bridge and I'm surprised and annoyed by the problem of dog poo littering the road I live on. Every time I go out there is yet another pile along Palace House Road. My daughter and her two toddlers have to walk in the road to avoid it. This morning all three have had to return home from the school run, in order to clean their footwear. Not only is this disgusting, it is dangerous. My message to the dog owners on Palace House Road who allow their dogs to regularly foul our pavement is PICK IT UP. You are lazy, irresponsible and totally selfish.

From Sarah S

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

I too live on Palace House Road and this is a problem on an off. In the past we have chalked PICK IT UP - next to it - and this seems to work but the rain washes the chalk away. I will start doing again!

From Eleanor Land

Sunday, 18 November 2012

Thanks for the information Sarah S. My daughter also writes "pick it up" in chalk. It doesn't seem to get her very far. Last week and this week she has piles outside her front door. Once some idiot had picked it up and wiped the poo into her window box. Perhaps the only solution would be to rub an owners nose in the deposit of their dog, maybe then they'd get the message.