Ryburne

Small ads

Cricket and the community

From Sam Hampson

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Hi all,

Im posting for the first time on behalf of my cricket team, Old Town Cricket Club.

The club has been going for well over a hundred years and in recent times we have found ourselves in the position as the only league registered team between Bridgeholme and Mytholmroyd.

We've been happily doing our own thing all this time but have recently decided to be more proactive and become more of an asset to our local area and community.

Over the last few years we have opened up a "Cricket Cafe" (which I hope some of you have enjoyed!) and put on events such as acoustic music nights.

In short, we are looking for suggestions of how we can play a greater role in Hebden Bridge and anybody willing to help make that happen!

Importantly, we are also looking for appropriate businesses who would be interested in sponsoring or partnering with the team to pursue such goals.

Of course, cricket is our primary purpose and it would be remiss of me not to mention that we always welcome new players of all abilities and genders, and are also currently looking for occasional Saturday scorers (which is an ideal job for young or old people looking to earn £20!).

Feel free to fire any and all ideas out here!