Ryburne

Small ads

Whittaker's bizarre question

From Paul Clarke

Thursday, 4 July 2013

Further to Hebweb's report of our hopeless MP's strange question re: Welsh energy I had a quick look at They Work For You which has the Hansard record.

It seems our 'MP' intervened in a session packed with Welsh MPs debating the issues around the M4 in Wales.

I can only assume our 'MP' got confused and thought Calder Valley was next to Rhondda Valley.

From Edward L

Monday, 8 July 2013

Not so bizarre. An MP can put some distance from local controvercy using remote collegues asking real questions of concern. Quid pro quo. Unfortunatly a broad range of study is needed to reveal the plan.

From Paul Clarke

Monday, 8 July 2013

Edward, maybe but if you read Hansard it is wall to wall Welsh MPs and Whittaker's question doesn't seem controversial just utterly irrelevant to his duties and day job as our MP.

Perhaps Mr Whittaker can point us to how asking this question benefits Calder Valley which I would remind him is his seat here in England.

From Ron Taylor

Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Made me laugh, Paul. It also brings to mind the disgraced Tory MP for Newark (Mercer) who asked some bizarre questions in Parliament about Fiji - turned out he thought he was being paid to do so.