Ryburne

Small ads

Co-op

From Viv Boardman

Friday, 20 September 2013

I am angry that they have a special stand for the Sun "newspaper" at the front of the tobacco counter. How very ethical to give such special support to the Murdoch empire.

From Michael M Elder

Friday, 20 September 2013

The co-op is a commercial organisation. Like any other such it has the right to engage in legal commercial activities.

No-one is obliged to buy any newspaper or indeed any product of whose provenance they disapprove. If there is such a problem why not address senior management in an attempt to change their commercial behaviour rather than venting words here in a way which is very suggestive of moral censorship however well meant.

(By the way I am not the person of similar name working in the store)

From Jack Hughes

Saturday, 21 September 2013

The short answer is, if you disagree with the Co-Op's retail policies, are disgruntled by the frequent stock shortages or don't appreciate being eleventh in a queue, shop somewhere else and save yourself time, trouble and money!

From Joel B

Sunday, 22 September 2013

I cant believe that a newspaper stand can give someone so much anger that they have to vent it on the HebWeb! Simple answer is if the newspaper stand offends you, don't go in the supermarket!

From Myra James

Sunday, 22 September 2013

There is an opportunity for Co-op members to do just as Michael suggests at the Area Members' Meeting on 14th October, 7.30pm in Hebden Bridge Town Hall. See Area Members' Meeting - Hebden Bridge

Previously

HebWeb Forum: Can you count on the Co-op? (Jan-Feb 2012)

BBC Radio Four: Hebden Bridge and its Co-op featured in this programme - about 11 minutes in (21 Dec 2012)

HebWeb Forum: Co-op Hebden Bridge (May 2012)

HebWeb Forum: Co-op Hebden Bridge (Jan 2011)

HebWeb Forum - Co-op supermarket (Sept-Nov 2010)

HebWeb News - report of the meeting sent to HebWeb by the Co-op

HebWeb News - report of meeting called by Coop on 2nd November

HebWeb News - report of previous meeting, April 2008

HebWeb Forum - October 2009

HebWeb Forum - December 2009