Ryburne

Small ads

Swimming pool

From Toby Radcliffe

Monday, 31 March 2014

Can anyone tell me what is happening regarding the proposed swimming pool in Mytholmroyd? There was a bit of news about it last year but I have heard nothing since. Please help!

From Myra James

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

A good question Toby. I do hope the Mytholmroyd pool saga isn't going to last as long as the Hebden Bridge one or none of us will be around to take a dip in it if/when it happens!

From Martin Wilkinson

Thursday, 3 April 2014

Yes, this seems to have died a death. Like many others we dutifully contributed online last year to the (already significant) fund. Absolutely no feedback on what happened to our cash or the future plans! Whoever is leading this - more info please!

From Kimmie D

Friday, 4 April 2014

Perhaps a committee member might like to reply?

According to the update (last year)

From Martin Wilkinson

Monday, 11 August 2014

How strange that such a large and (presumably) majority funded project seems to have no contactable leadership and such a low level of public interest.

From Isla S

Monday, 11 August 2014

Martin have you had any luck using the info on this local giving page? There is a registered charity no and a phone no.

From Martin Wilkinson

Monday, 11 August 2014

Thanks Isla - tried on a few occasions but the number just rings out - it would be useful if I knew who I was trying to call.

From Isla S

Monday, 11 August 2014

I've had a bit of a Google using the info on the charity page, and managed to get a name and address of the director. He also runs Mytholmroyd Community Association based at the Community centre in Mytholmroyd, so may be worth popping in and asking there or perhaps an old fashioned letter! I'd love to know whats happening with the swimming pool.

From Pete K

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Try Mytholmroyd Community & Leisure Centre

Or this Facebook page

From Myra James

Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Thanks for the tip Pete. I have posted a request for an update on the fundraising on the Facebook page.

From Myra James

Friday, 22 August 2014

According to this week's HB Times the Community Association has submitted a new planning application for a more affordable version of the pool and expect to commission the building work in September.

From Martin Wikkinson

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

A member of Round Table has been kind enough to contact me on this matter. Fairly recently they have been attemting to move things forward through discussions with the Directors of the pool development Company.

I am informed that the scheme extents have been "value engineered" to a level commensurate with available funding, whilst retaining the main facilities and accommodating existing user groups. A build contract has been tendered and provisionally let to Marshall Group. A degree of further funding is anticipated/required from a commercial operator, or presumably by attracting further funding from us all.

It sounds as if much work has been done and the scheme is a close reality - so why an almost total lack of information to the public? I'm sure this holds a deep interest for many people in the area, some of whom may be in a position to assist?

Previously, on the HebWeb

HebWeb Forum 2013 - Reply from the current Swimming Pool Committee (Aug 2013)

HebWeb News - Mytholmroyd Swimming Pool: Calderdale approves plans (2 Aug 2013)

HebWeb News: Hebden Royd may finally have a swimming pool (March 2013)

HebWeb Forum: Swimming Pool update? (Dec 2012)

HebWeb Forum: Swimming Pool Plans/Mytholmroyd Community Centre (Jan 2011)

HebWeb Forum: Swimming pool plans (Sept-Dec 2010)

HebWeb News: Swimming Pool plans - comments sought (Sept 2010)

More coverage of the swimming pool issue on the HebWeb