Ryburne

Small ads

Little park sandpit

From Paula and Tom

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Does anyone know where the new sand in the little park sandpit came from? We had heard that the council had stopped replenishing the supply and were a bit worried that someone had taken it upon themselves to find a supply. Some sand (e.g. builder's sand) is not so child-friendly.

From Graham Heafford

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Whoever is getting the sand should make sure to ask for 'silver sand' as it stays fine and doesn't get claggy when wet.
Graham H

From Jill Robinson

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

I don't know about the Little Park, but the sand at Scout Road playground opposite my house was also replenished recently and the kids who have been using it seem happy enough, and I haven't heard any parents complaining. I think it was a Calderdale lorry which brought it, although I did not really take too much notice.

From Lesley Jones

Thursday, 4 September 2014

I'm sorry but wouldn't this question have been better put in the first instance to either Hebden Royd Town Council or Calderdale? I'm sure the answer would have been available in minutes. Just saying.....

From Jason Boom

Friday, 5 September 2014

The sand in the sand pit is supplied with a "compliance" certificate. It is specifically screened for the use of play. However, if the lid is left open on the sand box it will get very wet and compacted. It is replenished as and when required and finance allows.

If you wish to report this or any other play ground issues please contact Calderdale MBC Customer First on 01422 357257. If your concern is not dealt with please let me know at the Town Council.

Jason Boom, Town Clerk.