Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Bonfire Night. What goes on?

From Robert Goodfellow

Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Being an wayward lapsed catholic that enjoys a bit of vespers this time of year, I am not a big fan of bonfire night. However, I do enjoy a good old paganistic end of the wicker man, without a Edward Woodward candle, bonfire.

Since the retiring of the Hebden Bridge Bonfire, what's going on round here? Is the Blue Pig sacrificing its local Midgehole maidens to the flames? Is the Fox and Goose torching a bearded offcumdum they have been keeping in the beer cellar for a year and day? Is them folk up't Cragg Vale celebrating in a most peculiar and curious manner?

Well I can do without a mortal requisite to the flames . . . yet flames I do crave. Any news, please place here.
Robbie

From Graham W

Yeah would also like to know - quite hard to find info on this. Thought it would be up here on HebWeb. I saw some of the Old Town fireworks last Sunday but only because I was passing by.

From Patricia S

It's a beautiful evening and I'm wondering the same thing. No bonfire anywhere around? I missed Old Town on Sunday, didn't know it was happening. We seem to have gone from a feast to a famine in the bonfire department.

From Allen Keep

Just returned from a bonfire and what turned out to be a very decent firework display at the New Delight. Not much help if you missed it, but maybe next year?

I understand there will be fireworks in Heptonstall on Friday night.

From Robert Goodfellow

Thursday, 6 November 2014

Last night turned into a trip to the Trades. For a jolly good bit of trumpet playing with the Delines.

Heard about the New Delight whilst in the Foxey Goosey but by that time it was too late. Think Im gonna take a DSLR up to Heptonstall on Saturday night and see the valley let off some fireworks. Failing that drink a thermos and grumble that the old ways are passing on.

Anyone want to collaborate for a big bash of music, fireworks, fire and celebration in Hebden next year, let me know.
Robbie