Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Fly Tipping

From Felicia J

Friday, 21 November 2014

One of the last occasions I commented on HebWeb was earlier this year in relation to the large amount of dog muck being deposited up the single track road towards Wood Top near Fairfield.That was cleared fairly promptly.

Now there is another issue;repeated fly tipping. I emailed to the council more than once last year about dumping on this road and nothing was done, plus I got no reply from them. The situation is getting worse with two more deposits of builders and garden waste being dumped in the same spot on the bend at the top of the wood before the hamlet.

I have emailed the council again following Andrew B's suggestion of the best way to get in touch with Calderdale (in another string of posts on HebWeb). Still no reply and there has been more rubbish dumped recently. It is becoming an eyesore in this rural spot.

I am beginning to despair, can't get through by phone so hoping some Councillor will spot this post and something might be done.

From Hannah D

Monday, 24 November 2014

Felicia, using the information you have provided above I have also reported this to CMBC for you, but if nothing happens or you'd like to provide me with further details then please do get in touch with me at the Town Council.

Regards,
Hannah Dobson
Neighbourhood Manager, Hebden Royd Town Council

From Felicia J

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Thank you Hannah, and Calderdale Council.

The builders' rubbish that remained (we had taken some of the worst plastic away ourselves over time) has now gone. The garden waste is still there but I suppose that will rot eventually. Just hope it doesn't create a precedent for further tipping. Thanks very much also to HebWeb too for airing this issue.

From Hannah D

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

I am advised that the rubbish was removed yesterday. If you have any further problems with fly tipping please contact Calderdale MBC Customer First on 01422 357 257.

Hannah Dobson
Neighbourhood Manager
Hebden Royd Town Council