Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Daniel Halkyard

From Jill Penny

Friday, 16 January 2015

Does anyone have any more details about this sad death? I would like to leave a tribute where Daniel died. How can I find out when and where the funeral is to be held? Hope someone can help.

From Katy Devereux

Monday, 19 January 2015

My father works for a funeral directors and was the person that went to collect Daniel. He doesn't have too much information to give other than that Daniel's body will be in the autopsy process. They believe at this stage that he died of hypothermia.

He was found by the farmer who let Daniel use the old caravan in his field, The farm is up Heptonstall near the old garden centre, about 150 yards down a farm track, sorry I don't know the exact address.

I worked at Organic House where Daniel would come from time to time for a coffee. He is believed to have family and the Halifax coroners office might be able to tell you of when his funeral might be. My Dad believes it will be another week or so before the funeral.

From Jill Penny

Monday, 19 January 2015

Thank you. That was very kind of you to pass on the information.

From Emma S

Monday, 19 January 2015

That's so sad. My thoughts are with his family. My daughter saw him outside the Trades Club on Christmas Day night; she said he seemed happy.

From Richard M

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

The Community Mental Health Team have been informed by Danny's mother that his funeral will be held in London in line with his family's wishes. They are then intending to scatter his ashes locally.

The funeral director is;
Green Endings, 141 Fortress Rd, London, NW5 2HR, tel 020 74240345 (contact name is Ben).

I know that his parents would be happy to recieve cards, etc, showing that people locally cared about Danny.

From Jill Penny

Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Thank you for the responses and information. i have sent a card to the family and would like to leave something where he died if anyone can tell me a little more about the circumstances or the name of the farm where the kind owner let him shelter.

From Dave R

Friday, 30 January 2015

Given that this gentleman was apparently so well known to people, it is sad that he died alone and unsupported.

I met Daniel several times whilst walking and whilst he would eventually return my greeting, any other efforts to engage him in conversation were futile, a state which I accepted and respected.

Whilst I know where the place he would find shelter is, I would never have encroached his space when he was alive and would not do so now he has died.

Therefore, I feel that to send a card to his family would be a rather trite act in the circumstances.

Whilst it was undoubtedly his choice (no doubt influenced by his fragile mental health), to live a reclusive life, I find it rather bizarre that people are staking their claim and wishing to leave flowers /tributes at his place of death.

Surely a donation to a mental health or homeless charity would be more appropriate?

From Jill Penny

Sunday, 8 February 2015

Donating to a mental health charity is a good idea and a reminder that everyone has their own ways and means of expressing individual feelings about events like this, each, hopefully, as valid and respectful as the other.

From Emma S

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

It is good to read the response of Daniel's family who were glad to receive the cards sent by local well-wishers and to know that people round here wished to mark Daniel's passing.

From Dave R

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

No offence meant Jill. I rather feel that I was hopefully referring to the current tendency to grieve for those we barely know.