Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Pennine Way Loop Launch

From Andy G

Monday, 27 April 2015

I would like to say a very big "Thank You" to everyone involved in the organisation of this amazing event last Saturday, which was a fabulous showcase for Hebden Bridge, Heptonstall and the surrounding area, as well as being a hugely enjoyable event for all of us who took part. I would like to thank Hebden Bridge Walkers' Action - in particular Dave Brooks, whose idea the loop was in the first place; Richard Peters and Mo Ludlam, who organised and led the walk with efficiency and good humour; all the stewards who gave up their free time to ensure that all went smoothly and nobody got lost and all the volunteers of the Community Rights of Way Service who worked tirelessly over a very short space of time to ensure that the footpaths, stiles and waymarks were in good order in time for the launch.

Calder Valley Voices, the Heptonstall Players and the Peace Artistes also made a big contibution to the carneval atmosphere of the event and were much appreciated by the two hundred or so walkers who converged on Hebden Bridge from all over the country. I could mention many other people, but I've rambled (!) -on enough already, so well done everybody. Do you fancy doing it all again next year for the fifty-first anniversary of the Pennine Way and the first anniversary of the Hebden Loop? (Only joking guys - honestly!).

From Graham Ramsden

Monday, 27 April 2015

Thanks to Richard, Mo and all at H B Walkers Action.
The improvements,signing of the route was indeed carried out quickly and professionally by the CROWS group of volunteers. Remember to donate and ensure the good work continues.

Text CROWS42£2/£3/£5 to 70072.

HebWeb News: Pennine Way Loop Launch