Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Mytholmroyd Railway Station Approach Road

From David Thompson

Friday, 26 June 2015

The approach road to Mytholmroyd station is in an appalling condition. The potholes are so bad that damage to commuters cars is inevitable. These holes are full of muddy water on wet days and pedestrians risk having their clothing spoiled. The road is narrow so that neither pedestrians nor motorists can take evasive action.

I raised this issue with Northern Rail, who lease the road from Network Rail and are responsible for maintenance, some time ago but nothing has been done. Perhaps it is time that one of our hard working councillors found a chink in their busy schedule and using their extra muscle contact Northern Rail and persuade them to rectify the situation. Around election time the word was that a councillor was "working hard" to have a car park provided… any news there?

From David Thompson

Friday, 3 July 2015

After Network Rail told me that the road is leased to Northern Rail and Northern Rail is responsible for maintenance, today after three months, a response from Northern Rail:

"Dear Mr Thompson. Thank you for your e-mail, which I received recently. Sorry for the delay in correspondence we did escalate the matter further, for investigation, we can now confirm that the matter is the responsibility of Network Rail, which we have sent all you correspondence to so that this can be addressed.

Thank you again for taking the trouble to contact Northern.
Yours sincerely
[name removed to avoid causing embarrassment]
Customer Relations Officer"

Twenty years since privatisation and they still haven't resolved the contractual problems!