Share this page


Small ads

Flood Resilience Grants

From John Rhodes

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

The £5000 Repair and Renew Grant to make properties more flood resilient requires that a professional surveyor conduct a survey. I have been quoted £200 +VAT by a Huddersfield company who tell me that this is a reduction on their normal fee as they are so busy in Hebden.

Two questions (the first is really a plea)

1. I have a pal who is unemployed. Is there a surveyor out there who would be willing to do one for free (or at a very reduced fee which his mates will pay for)?

2. Failing that I could hook him up with another pal on Oxford Street who also has two neighbours who will require surveys doing making four in all.

Offers or quotes for either proposition would be very welcome. I've been into the Town hall and they were not able to give me the names of any surveyors although my request will be passed on. I'm not on Facebook so if anyone who is has seen something on there either email me or ring on 843105.

Thanks in advance.

From Chris Barnett

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

I may be able to help. The Town Hall have my details on their database, so I'm not sure why I'm not getting referrals from them. I will call in tomorrow morning and check that they still have my details.

You can also email me direct.

I am happy to give free advice to anyone who has been flooded, and I would not charge a fee for a survey unless it could be claimed as part of a grant or insurance claim.