Ryburne

Share this page

EditRegion10

Small ads

Dogs

From David Kennedy

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Is it my imagination or is there more dog dirt that ever around Hebden Bridge? Every where I walk there seems to piles of the stuff, deposited or smeared on the pavements.

I live at the side of the canal and I am heartily sick and tired of seeing dog dirt on a daily basis.

What is the answer, how do we get around this, any suggestions?
All credit due to responsible dog owners, I am a dog lover by the way, but how do we tackle the irresponsible, inconsiderate, owners who don't clean up after their dog has done what comes naturally?

I realy don't know what the answer is.

It is filthy and disgusting and these people show no respect to their fellow neighbours or fellow people.

From Tim B

This issue always seems to come up at this time of year. I don't think the amount of dog fouling goes up, more that any deposits are not hidden by vegetation. Also the activity of slugs and microbes is greatly reduced when it is cold - when it freezes for weeks on end it can look like a coprophilic's fridge.

Can we also lay the blame where it should be, not with the dogs themselves, but the handful of anti-social dog owners.

From David Kennedy

Absolutley not the dogs fault, just people who don't give a, well I'll go no further!

From Andrew B

Saw a couple of locals doing their bit this week. One a local environmentalist and one who works with abandoned animals.

Both had their dogs off leads and far enough away that they could 'not quite notice' when they left a mess

I am sure both would be mortified to be called out as irresponsible and only one cleaned up when I pointed the dog mess out.

The answer seems simple, a local by-law that dogs must be on leads in town.

Previously

HebWeb Forum: Dogs, continued (Jan-March 2015)

HebWeb Forum: Dogs (March-July 2014)

HebWeb Forum: Dogs not on leads (March 2014)