Ryburne

Share this page

EditRegion10

Small ads

Flood Resilience survey

From Susan Quick

Sunday, 14 February 2016

I was at the Flood event in the Town Hall today and picked up a list of professionals qualified to conduct surveys for which the Council has grant funding of £5,000 per household available. In order to qualify Before we must first have a professional survey conducted at a fee of £500 leaving £4,500 for the recommended work to be carried out. I was also advised that all the households on a single street could negotiate a joint survey rather than having individual surveys conducted. I live at 9 King Street, would other residents be happy to have a joint survey conducted?

From John Rhodes

Sunday, 14 February 2016

We didn't get flooded but we've been involved with a friend who did. That survey was organised for 300 so it is worth shopping around. I think the collective survey will apply where, for example, neighbours on a street get together to organise a joint flood resilience measure which is permitted under the rules. For individual households they will need to have an individual survey although if several houses can get together and organise a job lot they may get a reduced rate. I'm afraid it's a case of shopping around.

I can understand why this scheme is insisting on a professional survey but it really is the last thing anyone needs to organise in the aftermath of a disaster.

From Alan Richardson

Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Hi Susan, I live on Stubbing Drive. We had Simon Brearly carry out our survey at a cost of less than £300. Contact Brearly Greens Halifax

From Susan Quick

Thursday, 25 February 2016

Hi Alan and thanks for your suggestion. Sorry its taken so long to get back to you. Do you have a phone number for Simon Brearly?

From Chris B

Monday, 7 March 2016

I don't know whether this has been widely publicised, but Calderdale have said that they are extending the deadline for applications for Repair & Renew grants to 31st May (as long as an "expression of interest" has been received by 31st March).

I'm sure this will help a lot of people who need longer to arrange survey, quotations etc., and I also get the impression that Calderdale may be struggling to process a large number of applications in such a short time.