Ryburne

Share this page

EditRegion10

Small ads

Happy Valley

From Sarah Crowley

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

I just had a thought as how to raise further funds for the Flood Appeal. Why not market a Happy Valley guided tour of where the fabulous series was filmed in and around Hebden Bridge? This would result in an increase in tourism and spending in Hebden and the surrounding areas… any ideas anyone? Great opportunities for local B and B's, hotels, pubs and all other businesses too.

From Adrian Crowther

Thursday, 17 March 2016

That's not too bad an idea Sarah but we'd need to just feature the scenery, the architecture and the countryside I think.

Can you imagine an official "tour"?

"This is the barge where Tommy tried to murder his son… This is the flat where Vicky was strangled… This is the bridge the copper jumped off

From Dorothy Margot

Friday, 18 March 2016

Ah yes, as the BBC say, Happy Valley is all about Hebden.

I propose a guided tour of the tower blocks that featured in series one, where the ice cream van was peddling drugs. Followed by a walk past the block of garages at the end of my street, where Tommy Lee Royce's mother was carved up. Then it's a short walk to the Railway bridge where John Wadsworth fell to his death and the defunct Police station he worked at. We could round off the Happy Valley experience with a Chinese from the takeaway that starred in series one… that'll be the one on Tuel Lane, Sowerby Bridge… Sorry? Where?

From Ian M

Monday, 21 March 2016

Not forgetting the houses of the accountant and the ex husband, or the shop where Sarah Lancashire got the fire extinguisher from in series one, all in Todmorden!

From Mike Horne

Monday, 21 March 2016

Dear Sarah Crowley,

I have the misfortune to live on one of the streets, which were extensively used during the filming of Happy Valley. The disruption caused was intrusive and horrendous, to the point where I had to move out of my house during filming. My house thankfully was not featured, but the presence of the film crew in the street, outside my door, for consecutive days, sometime at very little advanced notice, made life at times very stressful and intolerable. Already there are people wandering down the street gawping at the house where much of the filming took place.

This is bad enough, without entertaining the prospect of guided tours or detailed maps of the filming sites.

Terrible idea.

On a related note does Calderdale really want to increase tourist trade by encouraging visitors who want to visit film sites based on a story featuring a misogynistic, visceral storyline in which one of the main characters is a serial killer?

There are so many better ways of promoting Calderdale and the Flood Appeal.