Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Credit union at the Town Hall

From Andrew Bibby

Tuesday, 17 May 2016

I'm delighted that Calderdale Credit Union is piloting a pop-up base in Hebden Bridge in the Town Hall on Tuesdays for the next couple of months. I hope it will be well used, both by those of us who are already credit union members and by local people choosing to sign up as new members. I paid some money into my credit union account today, the first time I've been able to do this actually in Hebden (rather than Halifax or Tod) for several years.

From Lulu Brown

Friday, 20 May 2016

Hello Andrew, could you please explain what a credit union is? Is it an alternative system to a bank account? Many thanks.

From Jae Campbell

Friday, 20 May 2016

See this website for details of what a credit union is/does.

The Calderdale Credit Union merged with smaller credit unions including the Hebden Bridge and Todmoden Credit Unions who were struggling to keep going due to changes in legislation a few years back so this is really a bit of a homecoming.

From Andrew Bibby

Friday, 3 June 2016

The two credit union staff at the Town Hall on Tuesday seemed a bit underwhelmed by people wanting their services when I was in the building this week. It would be good if more people used what could potentially be a very valuable local service.

From Dave R

Thursday, 30 June 2016

I wonder if the fact that the CU have not paid their members any dividend for the third year running, is influencing savers?

Whilst it may be altruistic to save your money for other people to borrow, it doesn't quite cut it for me personally.