Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Market move

From Kevin S

Thursday, 13 April 2017

Well, let's hope it's just teething problems as today's market was a mess, vans with nowhere to unload, stalls being delivered, stalls on the footpath people spilling into the road, Barely any room for the fish van and food van whose owner wasn't happy.

I never liked the idea of a market move from one car park to another as car parks are obviously needed in Hebden Bridge and feel that the marina, which seems to be never used, would of been a better location. 

From Vikki Uttley

Friday, 14 April 2017

I'm not sure of market moving to  marina. It's full of gooses or goosi, they like vegetables, a lot. It could get very 'nippy' - rustic but nippy.  

From Jill Robinson

Thursday, 20 April 2017

I went to the market today but it was still quite a mess with the road up close to the entrance. Maybe they could have left it where it was until all works completed? Meanwhile, where is the bakery lady with the wonderful meringues tarts and shortbread and what about the stall with toiletries etc?

If they read this maybe they could reassure me that they will be returning...

From Phil M

Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Been down a couple of times since the move and I love it! 
Really makes that corner of town vibrant. I would suggest that stalls on the really wide pavement area that now exists is by design, seems to be more space in general.

Well done to all concerned!

From P. Fincham

Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Another advantage is it also slows down the traffic at the terribly dangerous Keighley Road / Albert street junction. Wonder if any problems are occurring due to same?

From Susan Quick

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

They did have a market on the marina several years ago. It was very cramped, almost impossible to get between the stalls particularly for parents with buggies and those of us who are disabled.  After that attempt they moved to street markets.