Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Where's Craig Whittaker?

From Pete Fitzpatrick

Friday, 19 May 2017

Has anyone been in touch with Craig Whittaker?

I've been trying to get a response from our MP Craig Whittaker to a question I've asked him but he hasn't replied to my email. I thought maybe he's too busy with his re-election campaign but it turns out that other constituents have been experiencing a similar problem. They've contacted him on his Facebook page only to find that he has deleted their questions and blocked them from his page.

Has anyone been successful in getting in touch with him?

From Louis O

Friday, 19 May 2017

Yes, speak to him face to face regularly, he's always around and can't help but bump into him.

Try www.craigwhittaker4mp.co.uk  there's email addresses and phone numbers so shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of him.

Haven't seen Josh recently though, last time I bought him a pint we had a great chat. Looking forward to seeing him again too.

From Andy M

Friday, 19 May 2017

He's letting his, err, 'record speak for itself'...

From Paul Clarke

Saturday, 20 May 2017

It does seem an odd tactic for a parliamentary candidate to disappear in the middle of a GE campaign.

Can I ask locals to check their sheds and gardens in case you have accidentally locked Mr Whittaker in and he needs letting out.

Meanwhile can people also check the roofs of local schools in case he is there waiting to do another pointless stunt.

From Mark H

Saturday, 20 May 2017

Late in April I received a letter from our MP, in a House of Commons envelope, addressed to 'The Occupier...'.

It contained a survey which asked me to tell him which of the following issues are of concern; how I think the local council are doing, and most puzzlingly :"On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is terrible and 10 is excellent, how good a job do you think I am doing as your MP?"

I made a mental note of my answer to this, but really couldn't justify the cost of an envelope and stamp to send it back. How many of these letters did Craig send out? Each will have cost us the cost of production plus 2nd class post. I'd estimate about a quid in total...

Anyway, to answer the question - from his letter:

"May I also take this opportunity to inform you of my upcoming surgeries across the Calder Valley.

Open and 'Pop Up' Surgeries. No appointment necessary, just come along and have a chat

Friday 21st April - Elland Morrisons: 10am-12pm
Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th April - Brighouse Spring Market: 10am-5pm"

So - there we have it. According to Craig Whittaker's definition, 'across the Calder Valley' stretches from Brighouse to Elland. 

I don't think he knows he represents Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge, Todmorden, etc. 

From John Rhodes

Monday, 22 May 2017

Paul, I've checked in my shed and he's not there. Any other ideas?

From Ian Whitehead

Thursday, 25 May 2017

When an election is announced parliament is dissolved, so he is no longer an MP.  Long may that continue.

Dissolution of Parliament

From Andy G

Saturday, 27 May 2017

I've checked the cantina of our holiday house in Italy and he's not here either! How's this for a conspiracy theory? He's realised that he is going to lose his seat due to the estimable Rob Holden splitting the Tory vote; so he's whitewashed his perma-tan, grown a beard and sloped off back to Australia to run a computer shop; thus avoiding total humiliation on the stage at the end of the count on 9th June. Wishful thinking - maybe...or maybe not?

From Chris Barnett

Sunday, 28 May 2017

I've just been reading Whittaker's election leaflet, and what a bizarre document it is: nothing about what he stands for, no pledges, aims or anything like that.

It just seems to be a rather desperate plea for people to vote Conservative so that Theresa May continues to be Prime Minister.

Whittaker's name is mentioned 5 times (not including his email address and the small print at the bottom), the Supreme Leader gets mentioned 8 times, and even the "failed and bumbling" Jezza gets 3 mentions.

As DJ Trump would would no doubt say, sad!

From David H

Monday, 29 May 2017

The one word missing from Craig Whittaker's election missive is "Conservative". Now why would he and his mate Theresa be ashamed of that?

From Chris Barnett

Monday, 5 June 2017

I've noticed in my travels around the area that posters for Labour far outnumber those for the other parties. I've also noticed that most of the ones for Craig Whittaker have been defaced in some way - from "Liar Liar" and "Food Bank" scrawled across them to two that now seem to promote a candidate called "Craig Shittaker".

This behaviour is of course  very childish and profoundly undemocratic, and obviously should in no way be condoned… but it did make me chuckle.

From George Murphy

Tuesday, 6 June 2017

I think defacing posters can occasionally be witty, but there's a danger it plays to a stereotype that the left are loutish.

From George Murphy

Friday, 16 June 2017

The International Business Times has circulated Craig Whittaker's name on a list of 71 Landlord/Conservative MPs who voted against a Labour amendment to the Housing Bill during the last parliament that would have made landlords liable to fines of up to £30,000 if they failed to keep their properties 'fit for human habitation'.