Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Crossing in Mytholmroyd

From Mick Piggott

Saturday, 26 May 2018

The issue of safety when crossing the road in Mytholmroyd is as bad as ever, if not worse.  In fact, I have witnessed a number of incidents when the safety of people crossing the road is poor and often downright dangerous.  This will, inevitably, be especially the case with children.

I cannot see why the pedestrian crossings have been switched off, only to be replaced with temporary lights, and a  confusing system. There has been no crossing patrol officers at both main crossing sites. The (dis)organisation of the road works has been truly shocking at times.  The failure to organise safe crossing for children  and adults shows, it seems, that no careful, responsible thought has been given to safety by either the council or whoever is in charge of organising these major roadworks.

Does anyone know who the company - or companies - are, who are carrying out this work? Because they need to be told that they are failing in their duty to pedestrians - and will be held responsible for any injuries or, worse, deaths.

From Adrian Crowther

Sunday, 27 May 2018

I believe the contractor “managing” the lights are called Amberon

From Julie C

Sunday, 27 May 2018

Not only are they trying to wipe us out in the centre of Mytholmroyd, but this morning I went to cross the main road, up by the Industrial Estate, to go down to Brearley Fields, those lights are also under wraps - I hope that is just during half term week, as this is where a lot of students from Calder High need to cross the road. 

I'm assuming that the temporary ones in Royd itself are being used rather than the regular crossing lights because they can make the time between pressing the button and the chance to cross much longer, tempting people like me to march out, dodge the traffic and cross sooner. Risky I know, but ......!