Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Hebden Bridge Co-op

From Sue Smithson

Saturday, 2 June 2018

Having not been in the Co-op for some months, I popped in today for a few items, only to find one till which is manned. Every other till available is a self checkout. Now I'm not in my dottage but am completely against this move to self checkouts. Whatever has happened to the staff who, I assume, have been replaced?

I stopped frequenting the Co-op due to their poor quality of fresh food. Now I have a far more compelling reason; I expect some level of service.

This will ensure my shopping is mainly done in Todmorden with the great value market and 2 decent supermarkets as well as all the other small retailers, and free parking.

From Martyn Fiveash

Sunday, 3 June 2018

I also visited for the first time in a long time and was confronted by no till staff - all self-service. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the scanner so I had to wait for a member of staff to sort it out. Next time, I'll stick to Lidl where they pay their staff a decent wage (unlike the Co-op).

From Amy L

Sunday, 3 June 2018

There are advantages to the four self service tills in the Co-op now, as it has reduced queuing a lot.  The downsides include that often some staff input is required and there is usually no one nearby to help, which then vastly increases your time as you stand there looking around helplessly for staff, and that the packing end of these tills is very low for people like myself with certain types of painful conditions.  I get that they're probably low for wheelchair access but this often causes more problems for other disabilities, which includes some common old age pain conditions. 

Mind you, I like that you can get get change for a £20 note with just a small purchase and there's no one to give you the evil eye :)  This makes shopping afterwards in the smaller shops easier all round.

You can definitely see that it increases the Co-op's profits with one person or less covering four self service tills.

From Sarah Crowley

Thursday, 7 June 2018

It would be interesting to see how many people would complain if the Co op closed down. If people feel so strongly about the inadequacies of the store then just go and shop somewhere else or complain to the management. I have no problem with the store at all and am glad it is there. The staff are friendly, helpful and polite. 

From Susan Quick

Tuesday, 17 July 2018

I agree with Sarah, I actually enjoy shopping at the Co-op because the staff are really helpful and friendly. If you arrive at the counter with the wrong item they even go and get you what you really want. And the woman with long black hair who left to work at the other supermarket on Crown Street because the pay was better; she came back after two days for the friendly atmosphere. What better reference could there be? People have greater value than more money.

From Mark Timmerman

Sunday, 7 October 2018

Yes, thank you Coop, a good place with friendly community minded staff. Can I just ask you keep your car park as free from litter as possible. I am sure the shoppers and locals can help here.